• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya Run this Friday & Saturday

Rock_Crusher

- Meeting Cancelled - our group voted not to due Tahuya...

heres some informative background on Tahuya... and another link w/ directions to get there.

http://www.timbertamers.org/runs2006/tahuya/tahuya.htm

http://www.masoncountytourism.com/x143.xml

----------------------------------------------------------driving directions...

vwr08x.jpg

Last edited:
The entire trail system can easily be explored by vehicle in a couple of hours. The area is much better for your quad. Bring it and not the Zuk, and you'll truly have more fun. Then you can run the bike trails, which are about 10 times greater in length.

TreeClimber said:
The entire trail system can easily be explored by vehicle in a couple of hours. The area is much better for your quad. Bring it and not the Zuk, and you'll truly have more fun. Then you can run the bike trails, which are about 10 times greater in length.

you know... that is one option i have considered. i have yet to run the atv trail. anyone have any info on the atv trails? what to expect? bridges or obstacles? are there alot of bikes that fly on the trails at you?

might just load up the quads instead!

you are right about the 4x4 trail. it's small & not very challenging in a zuk.
anyone else w/ quads? it's starting to sound funner already. would be great to hear some details about the atv trails...

I think there's a few bridges for the quads but nothing thats hard. If I see 8 year old kids on quads going everywhere it cant be too hard.

I'll try and see if I can make it out. I have a repairs that still need to be attended too. Plus I need to buy a new 35", which I'm not looking forward too. Oh and a new hub and axle shaft. :rolleyes:

But bring you quad's. The 4x4 trails suck, they need to be dug out again. Tahuya kicked ass when the trails were freshly dug. Now it's stupid easy and boring. Thats why I'm not to giddy to go. :puke:

JOOP said:
But bring you quad's. The 4x4 trails suck, they need to be dug out again. Tahuya kicked ass when the trails were freshly dug. Now it's stupid easy and boring. Thats why I'm not to giddy to go. :puke:

yeah, we just cancelled the meet. due to others in our group - voting Tahuya - is not the place to go wheeling. so we're out.

JOOP said:
damn that was some quick bailing out. :haha:

I was trying to get everyone in agreement on going there... but most have already said, it's not worth the cost of gas $3.00 a gallon to go there. or to ride the ferry over to get there. so it's a definate NO on Tahuya.

alright i guess if you live close by to the place to go test out rigs... :D

iceman said:
Go to Reiter........lots of stuff there....:D

1st, 2nd & 3rd that... just don't have the time to make it up there this weekend. but it's a 4 sure on mylist for this summer... getting tired of Elbe.

TreeClimber said:

Umm.. I dunno if you really meant what you said...

But if anyone is caught on ANY 4 (or 3) wheeled vehicle on single track trails OR off trail. You better be prepared to "press hard 4 copies", then potentially get invited to leave for the day or be impounded.

Volunteer hours pay for law enforcement, which is taken seriously out there.

As for things needing to be dug out again. We'll be doing that late May in preperation for the fun run.

Sweet Kick ass. About time , Let me know when the work party is I'll come give a hand. Anyway we could maybe build a super hard trail with like a dozen or so logs you have to cross over in about a 50 foot stretch?? I;m thinking Top truck challenge type of obstacles. :cool:

I dont think Tony was talking about going out of bounds or none of that. He knows the rules or atleast better. :cool:

I'm pushing and nudging for that. We are talking about making a more "hard core" section of trail called "XXX" or "triple X"

I'm going to push hard for making it a winch fest for my rig (initially anyway). Thinking digging huge craters, then sinking and locking in logs at the edges of the holes, a boulder here and there.

I just have to finish convincing others that if we are going to build a hard section of trail for rigs like mine. lets make it HARD. :D

Travis said:
I'm pushing and nudging for that. We are talking about making a more "hard core" section of trail called "XXX" or "triple X"

I'm going to push hard for making it a winch fest for my rig (initially anyway). Thinking digging huge craters, then sinking and locking in logs at the edges of the holes, a boulder here and there.

I just have to finish convincing others that if we are going to build a hard section of trail for rigs like mine. lets make it HARD. :D

Yeh I would love to see a trail out there that made me use my winch. You guys could put a Warning sign on both ends saying somehting like this trail was design for winching. Please stay in bounds and dont alter the course. You know where would be a good place to start it? The Old Yellow jacket hill. That hill used to be a bitch when muddy. Make it go from there to over where the old rock piles used to be. And connect with gravel road that is now there. Ofcourse you would have to zig zag up and down the hills. But really dig out the hills and make it a SOB trail. :cool:

Actually, the signs won't work.

if it's hard enough, a bypass needs to be made or users will just create one.

I coudln't believe it when I started seeing bypasses to the "hard" obstacles start to show up in Tahuya. It's not like those obstacles where impassable to a stock rig.

Oh I know. It's usually the full size rigs making the by-passes. Either because its too tight or the they cant make the turn.

So if they make a hard trail they might want to consider a fullsize rig for width of the trail.

I know when I first found the front trail that goes buy yellow jacket, I was impressed. I liked hwo deep the holes where. Infact I had to winch a yota off the hill. He was trying to pass and somehow got sucked down the hill. But that trail was fun when it was dug out. sucks it has filled back in.

The 3 hills is getting a bit dug out. A few weeks ago I saw a CJ7?? Bust his steering almost at the top. It's not anythig super hard but probably the most challenging hill out there right now.

Travis said:
Umm.. I dunno if you really meant what you said...

But if anyone is caught on ANY 4 (or 3) wheeled vehicle on single track trails OR off trail. You better be prepared to "press hard 4 copies", then potentially get invited to leave for the day or be impounded.

Volunteer hours pay for law enforcement, which is taken seriously out there.

As for things needing to be dug out again. We'll be doing that late May in preperation for the fun run.

guess I'm a little ignorant about the bike rules... i thought the quads and bikes shared the same trails??? guess not, my bad... sorry

Latest posts