• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya Tomorrow?

Got a small group of guys meeting up at Safeway at 11 tomorrow morning. I think there's going to be about 5 rigs. I've got a silver TJ and will be there around 10:45ish.

Cool, I'm planning on heading out of here around 8 or 9 at the latest, so I shoud be at the entrance by ten. Guess I'll see ya guys out there.

Don't have the cb wired up yet, I'll be in the fordzuki in my avatar, you won't miss me if you see me.

Edit: if I get up early and get it hooked up, what channel do you usually run on?

Well, I didn't see you out there, but we were only out there till about 1. The new radiator setup worked out perfectly, so I was able to run the whole loop and then some today. Found some pretty deep holes, where the water started splashing in the doors, and found out when I got home that I dented the front housing in pretty good out in the rockbed. Looks like I got a reason to pull the front pig and weld it up now, since I gotta pull it to pound the dent out. I'll also start looking into making some armor for it now.

After making the loop, I decided to go play on the first hill to the left again and found a red ford that looked like they took it out just to smash it up. I got a good picture of the license plate (which is weird it was on it if they just dumped it) in case it ends up being abandoned.

1206913521.jpg

And a poser shot on the rock pile.

1206913522.jpg

We saw them towing the red Ford out while we were chillin' at the rock pile. It was trashed hardcore and dragging parts, but at least they pulled it out.

We had a good time, got to the trail around 11:45-12:00 and took the back way to South Loop. We had my TJ, a YJ, 3 XJ's, and picked up some kids in a 4Runner and Ranger along the way. We ran South Loop and another trail I none of has had been on. Pretty good day, no breakage and I even talked my wife into driving offroad for the first time. She can't drive a stick, but it's pretty damn hard to kill it in low. We didn't get to many pics, but here are a few.

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0728.jpg

My poser shot for the day :D
DSCN0739.jpg

Well, glad to here you guys had fun, we'll have to catch up some other time out there. Nice pics.

I got the front end tore apart tonight, pounded the dent out of the front housing, everything looked good in there, got it just to the drivers side of the ring gear, so while I had it apart, I welded up the side gears, so now I only have to have 1 tire on the ground to keep moving. :redneck:

Glad to hear they got that ford out of there too. That's all we need is more crap out there. I ended up picking up 2 body side mouldings, a wheel opening moulding, and 3 wheel beauty rings. One more and I'll be blingin.

Last edited:
I know that another group that I wheel with is planning a big get together out there on April 19th. We should try to get some more people out there for it.