• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya

Eric

Heard a rummor that Tahuya may not open again, is it a rumor or not?

Is Tahuya open or closed?

Information would be great.

I know its just Tahuya, but its close. So please keep the information on track.

opps, thanks Joe. Are you saying its just a rumor, or are you pointing out my crash like spelling?

It's open. I saw a trip report from last Sunday complete with photos. Apparently DNR cautioned against running the south loop due to wash out of one entrance. You can run it but I think they (DNR) may have put up wood barriers to keep people off the hill climb over on the west entrance I think. I guess it goes without saying if you see barriers stay out but the rest of the south loop and Tahuya in general is open.

BTW the hill climb on the south loop has about a two foot ish wide and deep trench dug down the center of it. Looks like it might be fun now once it is open, which it may already be.:D

Yep... all the parking, staging areas, and trailheads are closed. the only thing open is the 4x4 trailhead across from the elfendahl staging area.

Ive been out there just about everyday or night thats its snowed. I live maybe 10 minutes from the trailhead. All the 4x4 trails are open, but the only entrance is across the road from the staging area parkinglot.

Yep The gate is open directly across from the 4x4 staging area. Saw lots of Trailers there on Saturday.