• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TC's new Trail buggy

Not hating, but curious why all the fittings on his steering? I thought everything is supposed to be full flow with as few fittings as possible. Some of it looks like there are 3 fittings in a row to get an angle right.

Re: TC's new Trail buggy

tonybolton said:
No self centering rear steer?! FAIL!!! ::) (5brothersfab-hatin) 8) :p

He said its on order. **** pay attention molaugh If he had your money he would have called the president of the mfg and had him make it out of gold.

In on the first page! I like it. I'm ready to see some old school beatdown videos no matter how well it does!

Looks good! I like how he thinks with using similar setup to gain seat time and keep the feel of them same.

Only question I would have is why he didn't go with RCV's?

j-mox said:
Looks good! I like how he thinks with using similar setup to gain seat time and keep the feel of them same.

My guess those are some kind of 47 spline hybrid axle.

j-mox said:

If I remember correctly he went with Overson shafts. I think the only reason he uses RCV is if he needs something custom on a tight time frame. Overson works on their schedule. Not a question of strength for either.

truckbroke said:
Looks like a really nice rig. I`d still like to see him resurrect Fat Girl and do some wheelies again.!

I am not sure it warrants a spinoff thread but, how far have buggies come since then? What would Fat Girl and the older buggies that started this movement be now compared to what is out killing hills and riding trails?

j-mox said:

He did say 47 spline oversons

money_pit_yj said:
I am not sure it warrants a spinoff thread but, how far have buggies come since then? What would Fat Girl and the older buggies that started this movement be now compared to what is out killing hills and riding trails?

behind the times on the racing scene, but still 10x nicer than what most of us have/can afford

I could definitely see this being used as his main race buggy pretty easily in a pinch. Solid list of parts.

Was cool to see some trail riding videos again instead of just race footage all the time.

The rear sway bar setup on the new rig is definitely different.

Re:

I like this buggy, but what about his race buggy makes it not work well trail riding? Or was this just a easy excuse to build another buggy? I would love to have multiple rigs, so just curious.

Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
I like this buggy, but what about his race buggy makes it not work well trail riding? Or was this just a easy excuse to build another buggy? I would love to have multiple rigs, so just curious.

My guess, and it's definitely a guess is #1 he can, it's a 2 seater, much bigger fuel cell, not open headers ect... :tcproblems...... ::)

Having a full blown race buggy capable of being competitive makes for a not so fun trail rider. He prolly won enough with the first one to build the second because he wants to get back into wheeling.

Re: Re: TC's new Trail buggy

BUG-E J said:
Having a full blown race buggy capable of being competitive makes for a not so fun trail rider. He prolly won enough with the first one to build the second because he wants to get back into wheeling.
I kinda figured this was the answer. He mentioned a 3 spd trans & 2 seat in the video. I figured with the hp some of these guys are making they likely run warm and don't make well for a long day of riding.

Kind of equate it to driving a sub-10 sec drag car much on the street.

Even though he gets kinda creative with tube work, i like how simple most of his setups are; The axle trusses aren't crazy, just a simple square tube; Minimalistic interiors, etc.