• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TD sami on toys

kkall0602

as i wait for my deliveries i decided to start a thread. im looking very forward on doing a build tread. got the girl:cheer: on board by offering her to use her ambitious camera abilities to record the project.
so it goes like this...:mad:

oejpx.jpg

Last edited:
so finally got some time to take some pics. the first pic is of the axles. they are pretty whooped but a little paint will fix the after the fab detail. the 4.10s feel good. and after marlin get the knuckel rebuild kits in they will be on there way.

261gttx.jpg

got the engine in...

xqhums.jpg

kf3yh3.jpg

i will try to front mount this for the cool factor... lots of plumbing

345y2vp.jpg

Last edited:
had some time off work so i got to hang out with the engine and do some work on it. the plan is cleaning and painting. the engine has only 50k on it so ill just be doing a tune up before install.

paint was just a bomb can of engine enamel. all flat colors.

1zpofba.jpg

removed and reinstalled the oil cooler and filter adaptor with the acme adapters filter kit. the anodized adapter moves the filter out of the way for the engine mount.

2ns772d.jpg

1zvpbb9.jpg

71jypx.jpg

im trying to avoid timing the injection pump so it will stay and ill work around it.

iqg6eb.jpg

Last edited:
if ur ever going to install a diesel in a suzuki or toyota. give acme adapters a call jeff kerr is a god when it comes to suzuki mobility. rocky road is a joke there customer service is **** and there web site is just about making everybody else look bad. most of there info is wrong and everything ive read about them is usually bad.

281vmky.jpg

engine to trans adapter

5z381w.jpg

engine mounts and alternator mount

s4t91e.jpg

passenger side engine mount and alt mount on block

2s7cj13.jpg

yeah cost and this is the last year of the 1.6td. it the 80 hp one out of the gtd. got a great deal on it. $1000 more for the low mileage 1.9l. also theres absolutely no wiring other then the glow plug circuit.

ill have abunch more pics of the build including the sami tonight.

got some more pics. just messing around with the new camera...

ilbs6e.jpg

have some sheet metal work to do under the pass headlight

ilbs6e.jpg

nice straight tin top huh?

vy2nae.jpg

typical sami interior door vinyl falling off

qrm2hx.jpg

i think the seats had seat covers on them there whole lifes.

2ds33tk.jpg

287q96p.jpg

yahd.jpg

35cldnn.jpg

i was very bored...

w0hxzs.jpg

stock samis sure flex

2aiiqsp.jpg

262qgsw.jpg

24w8qqu.jpg

152m145.jpg

really bored...

ibe2on.jpg

once again i cant specify enough how well worked acme adapters parts are. look at the rad and dual fans and tell me they dont look awesome.

20qesn5.jpg

14lsbxi.jpg

got out of the house today and got some work done. first off the shop was a mess so got that stuff taken care of. i have to lift the sami a inch or two so the diesel will fit with no interference, called low range and had sean send me some 3 inch shackles. very nice piece they have, ill get some pics up soon. then got the parts out for the car to do a rebuild on the vw td. timing belt, timing belt tensioner, oil seals, oil change, valve clearance check, and a water pump. insurance that when i get the motor dropped im not going to run into any problems with the 60k tune up stuff. in a week or so the sami will be pulled into the garage and the galaxy will be removed so i can get some real work done.

A few days ago i added some 3 inch shackles so that the diesel wouldnt sit on the axle. i think it raised the sami about 1.5-2 inch. i bought them from low range. really nice stuff.

DSC_0070.jpg

i was able to get the week off of work so i have been pounding away at the samurai diesel phase.

DSC_0053.jpg

poor old 1.3... it barley made it to the shop. oil everywhere.

DSC_0045.jpg

After grinding down the back of the crankshaft of the td. i r and rd the rear main seal installed the acme flywheel. then came the trans adapter plate. once the plate was on the petroworks clutch and pressure plate could go on. (nice piece)

DSC_0047.jpg

then it was to the front of the engine. this would get cam seal oil pump seal and front crank seal. water pump is next and then timed the injection pump.

DSC_0059.jpg
:awesomework:

Last edited:
tuesday was the day i would install the trans and get some more stuff done.

heres the diesel with the samurai trans. hope it holds up! trans will get good synthetic 90w.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

dont have a vertical bandsaw so i took the portaband and a old elevator weight and bolted it upright. it doubles as a welding table also.

DSC_0072.jpg

got the down pipe on and exhaust started. miller 210 is the real deal. thanks john.

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg
:cool:

today i was able to get some sheet metal work done. this is not what i say that im good at. the 210 is a little to much for 20 and 22 gauge. first i built a filter holder and then modified the wheel well for the big diesel rad. acme says to beat it to fit. i wanted more of a custom look.

DSC_0090.jpg

i didnt get a pic of it done but the seam sealer was smoothed out and it doesnt look as bad. again i suck at welding sheet metal.

DSC_0087.jpg

special tool #1983992:awesomework:holds the driveline

DSC_0086.jpg