• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Team Trophy Challenge - Washington!

last i heard from him he was trying to work something out in the Bend area. whether he was going to put it on or just help someone else with one i dont know. when we told him we were going to try up here he imediatly offered his help & knowlege so i figure he might have another person in Oregon... you would have to ask him directly for the absolute answer.

I found the original e-mail. He was cancelling 2006 only.

It is with great regret that we are not putting on the TTC for 2006. Too many things have been working against us for this year. From the late weekend commitment from Oregon State Forestry, closure of way too many trails this past year to do a challenging event, and basically lack of time to do it justice as a challenge. With 12years straight of doing this event, we cannot do a fair job of putting this event on with the limited time left. As of 4-4, we still didn't have ODF go ahead on a route and we need that to do TSD Rallye work, Task placement, etc. Add to this, because of our late notification of a acceptable date, applications are down. Many competitors plan this event 6 mths in advance, for time off and travel. I anticipated a decline with the late date, but we have a minimum needed to not just qualify the expenses, but our time.

We are not canceling future TTC events. We hope to get back to having a quality challenge for you in 07. I encourage all to work with land managers, recreational managers, and private owners, to keep open trails and public lands for future use. We must let them know that it is public land and the kind of trails we need. It's also important to educate and control those that destroy our trails and public lands.

So, if he isn't cancelling future events, why'd you guys decide to use the same name? Not criticizing, just wondering. :) I personally think it is great to see an event like this in the Washington Area.

--C

its not the same name. Doug's was "Team Trophy Challenge"
ours is "Team Trophy Challenge Washington" i know it sounds like we are spliting hairs but we cleared it with Doug before we ever began the process. he gave us his blessing. we are in hopes that when His event resumes and if ours grows be can have a two stage/two state event. his in Oregon in late May and our's in Washington in late September.

I read that you cleared it with him. I don't have any issues with the name, I was just curious as to why you felt like you wanted to use essentially the same name.

If the goal is to have a 2 stage event, or maybe a series of team trophy challenges eventually, that would be awesome and I can see why you wanted to use a variant of the name. I'm glad you guys are getting involved and putting on the event. I really like the TTC event style (type of challenges, etc).

--Craig

I was wrong. That last e-mail from Doug that I posted wasn't the last word on the subject. He followed it up with another e-mail where he was bringing TTC to an end. It is repeated on the teamtrophychallenge website.

http://www.teamtrophychallenge.com/

I'll e-mail Doug and find out why there are rumblings here about him putting on another event.

--Craig

well i just talked to GaryTJ and he has 10 team applications in hand for the event. we didnt expect for it to fill this quickly so if your interested i would get the paper work in A.S.A.P.
we only have a total of 20 team spaces and thats it. no more.

We want to enter a few guys from our club as one team, we just haven't decided who yet. If we decide on the rigs, can we add the passengers later? Or put somebody in it for now and change if necessary down the road?

John

as long as the rigs you replace the originals listed on the application still conform to the specs. sure. i just would ask that the final corrected application with names be re-sent 60 days before the event so we know who, what & where to send the confirmation info.