• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Teardown in Tennessee: Ultra4 Racing at AOP July 24th/25th

Dedicated spectator areas in the wooded portion of the course is tough (with the exception of the bounty hill areas) since they are always one big rain away from having to change course either pre-race or bypasses during the race. Either way, it is something they are going to work on going forward.

I agree, setting up safe spectator areas in the woods areas is difficult. Glad to hear y'all will try and improve that next year. When we got there we stopped by the office and asked for directions to a spectator point. We were sent to Skinny Pedal. Would have been great if they ran the big hill, but only 3 cars did. The rest took the bypass every time. The bypass was only about 10% viewable from the spectator area. We tried to move over to the bypass to watch, but the course workers stopped us. I don't blame them, safety is number one. I would suggest that you have a spectator map hand out next year. Looking forward to returning next year.

We must have been approx 10 ft apart from each other... We were in the ez up tent right next to the start line. We thought we'd lost our view also whenever they started the race. But once all the racers took off, everyone moved their cars and we could see again.
Damn if I would have seen the elusive one ton tundra I would have come to say hi!

I agree, setting up safe spectator areas in the woods areas is difficult. Glad to hear y'all will try and improve that next year. When we got there we stopped by the office and asked for directions to a spectator point. We were sent to Skinny Pedal. Would have been great if they ran the big hill, but only 3 cars did. The rest took the bypass every time. The bypass was only about 10% viewable from the spectator area. We tried to move over to the bypass to watch, but the course workers stopped us. I don't blame them, safety is number one. I would suggest that you have a spectator map hand out next year. Looking forward to returning next year.
I will try and do better next year. Problem with a map is we changed half the course Thursday morning to add more rocks. But maybe I can get JT there on an early visit so we can work things like that before hand. Was going to this year but no one would commit because as of 2wks before the race, they didn't know if it was going to happen with other states starting to shutdown again.
What 3 rigs ran the dirt hill?

Couple of misc pictures from the races and a few from trail riding. Didn't take many trail riding despite covering a good amount of ground Thursday night and Friday night.

IMG_9812.jpg
IMG_9826.jpg
IMG_9828.jpg
IMG_9845.jpg
IMG_9848.jpg
IMG_9854.jpg
IMG_9858.jpg
IMG_9873.jpg
IMG_9875.jpg
IMG_9878.jpg

I have a bunch more photos, but that pretty well gets the point across for the couple of days we were there.

If anyone wants to donate to the guy that had the fire on Thursday night, below is the link to the GoFundMe:

Cool video, it shows all the cool stuff that we missed lol. I would like to know what everyone was hitting that was tearing up there front passenger tires?

Cool video, it shows all the cool stuff that we missed lol. I would like to know what everyone was hitting that was tearing up there front passenger tires?
I heard mention at one time that there was a stump in a corner that the roots were claiming tires. It seemed like the majority that were blown out were drivers side. Maybe that was the case? Maybe they just aren't used to sharp edged rocks compared to water rounded and formed rocks of out west?

speaking of flats, I know at one point, the only tires that hadn't blown we're the dude running USD's or mickeys.. whichever they were. Did he end up blowing one or did it make it the whole race?

We toasted a Passenger RZR front in #125 in qualifying, was 7th, got 5th in final race.

Both of our 4400 cars ran BFG in qualifying, no damage. We switched to sticky 43 sx for race, got one flat on #4 car, it finished 8th. Other car #24 blew PS high pressure hose at pump on first lap. He may or may not have hit a really big rock at a high rate of speed. Rock won.

We toasted a Passenger RZR front in #125 in qualifying, was 7th, got 5th in final race.

Both of our 4400 cars ran BFG in qualifying, no damage. We switched to sticky 43 sx for race, got one flat on #4 car, it finished 8th. Other car #24 blew PS high pressure hose at pump on first lap. He may or may not have hit a really big rock at a high rate of speed. Rock won.
The bajas seemed to do better than I thought, I figured the mud would cake the, but most people ran in to sidewall issues where the bajas do pretty well

I heard mention at one time that there was a stump in a corner that the roots were claiming tires. It seemed like the majority that were blown out were drivers side. Maybe that was the case? Maybe they just aren't used to sharp edged rocks compared to water rounded and formed rocks of out west?

speaking of flats, I know at one point, the only tires that hadn't blown we're the dude running USD's or mickeys.. whichever they were. Did he end up blowing one or did it make it the whole race?

#47 Phillip McGilton was running the WOD chassis and USD Sticky tires. He completed 5 of the 8 laps, but I think he came through with one flat during those 5 laps, but I am not 100% sure there.

We ran the course after the race that night and there were trees missing huge chunks out of them all throughout the course. There was one tree probably 4-5" in diameter that was broke in half about 4' off the ground. The trees were not kind to the cars.

Latest posts