• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tell me the propane truth!!!

Yeah I don't have the lock off valve either on the yellow buggy. As for the motor its a 406, eagle rotating assembly, flat tops, 525 cam, vortec heads decked and shaved, roller rockers 425 impco kit. Just enough to get the job done but not so much the tires don't get a bite. :driving:

REVELATION said:
I'm running a 406 with 475 hp had the same problem you are describing in the first statement. It ended up being a small vaccum leak at the intake. Had everything machined and runs great now no prob. We had changed kits, tanks, etc before finding out what it was. This is just from the yellow buggies experience. :dunno:

This thing runs great as long as you keep the pedal down and idles fine, its just that sudden lift that kills it unless you pump the pedal one time then it will pick back up..

on my old bronco, i replaced the vac lock off with a 12v lock off and it worked great. i had planned on supercharging the 5.0 with a dual mixer setup... BUT not with the adapter thingy, i was gonna use a dual quad intake and have the mixers seperate for better distribution... something to think about if considering duals.

the lockoff dont do anything but restrict fuel flow which cuts horsepower... dont have to have it. ill post up a link when i find the website again... brand new 425 mixer an regulator for $270. $120 for regulator an $150 for mixer. no its not a scam either lol ive ordered parts from them. only thing you gotta get is your hoses.

alscott said:
the lockoff dont do anything but restrict fuel flow which cuts horsepower... dont have to have it. ill post up a link when i find the website again... brand new 425 mixer an regulator for $270. $120 for regulator an $150 for mixer. no its not a scam either lol ive ordered parts from them. only thing you gotta get is your hoses.

Which regulator are you running? I am not running one, do I need to be? Never had any problems.

kennyWayne said:
Mine was doing the same thing hot rod told me to turn the big screw in center t :dblthumb:hree turns out .so far no more problems

Jackpot !! We went to Hot Springs and fought it all day Friday tweaked until I hit the sweet spot. Fri night and all day Sat ran like a champ... Thanks!

If any of you are having problems running out of fuel with vacuum lockoff valves the vacuum hose is connected to the wrong vacuum source. It needs to be connected above the throttle blades where there is ported vacuum, usually one of the ports on the mixer is good. If you are connected to manifold vacuum at wide open throttle there is zero vacuum and that is why the lockoff valve shuts off the fuel. It is doing its job correctly. That lockoff valve is a safety device as well as a filter for the fuel system. If trash gets into the vaporizer it can lodge in the primary or secondary seats and cause fuel to continue to flow after the engine is shut off or load the motor up when running. There is a possibility of fuel flowing through the engine out the exhaust and causing a fire hazard around the rig.

I have been in the conversion business 21 years, if I can help let me know.