• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tennessee Mojo - 2015 Wide Open Design build

My dad has a wealth of knowledge about a variety of things, engines being one. I always say I have the best lifetime mechanic a girl could ask for, and I am lucky to have a daddy like mine. I am always learning from him, and it was cool to get to learn from him about this, being my own engine and all. Things that most people would have to Google or look up, he just pulls from his memory bank and runs with it, spot on (almost) every time. He made the install of cam shaft, valve springs, DOD delete kit and everything so easy. Having a such a fresh engine probably didn't hurt either. I have never seen an engine so pretty and clean. We probably could have reused the oil.

Attachments

• teardown 2.jpg
    teardown 2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 182
  • taking bolts out.jpg
    taking bolts out.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 224
Loaded up and ready to go to WOD.
I'll be glad to hear that one crank for the first time, that's for sure.

Attachments

• engine 3 final.jpg
    engine 3 final.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 196
TennesseeMojo said:
Yep, that's the guy. We met him at the Wide Open Design open house a while back, I think before he even got started with this build. Do you know him?
Hell yeah Shane was there when Mash Yer Motor Racing was created. next time you talk to him ask him about the time I got his driver fired with a prank phonecall! :****:

TennesseeMojo said:
Budget blown...Wide Open Design custom dash. But, Andrew said that you can't have a WOD buggy without a Woodlee signature dash :dunno: Major props to Jeremy for executing the vision.

Thanks! The dash turned out killer if I do say so myself! Can't wait to see this thing on the trails!

Why don't more guys run Race Pak's instead of gauges? Way cleaner and all the info is in 1 small area.

motors is always one of my favorite things to spend money on i love a lot of woo pow! good looking build looking forward to the rest :woot:

tallnate said:
Build is looking great Jess! Can't wait to see it trail ready.

What color are you thinking for the chassis?

Thanks! I started with blue, tossed around a few different ideas, and finally decided on pink. I'm going with a bright, metallic kind of pink on the chassis and black on the panels with some pink flake. At first we were going to leave the panels bare, then paint them a flat or matte black. Then we came across this awesome color that is black with some pink to tie it all together. It's all still at powder coat, but I'm hoping it gets finished up soon. I can't wait to see it. Fingers crossed the colors turn out alright!

We need to all get together for another ride soon!

Oh the possibilities... :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150205_174230.jpg
    IMG_20150205_174230.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20150212_160659.jpg
    IMG_20150212_160659.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 20150211_150618.jpg
    20150211_150618.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 20150211_154326.jpg
    20150211_154326.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 162
traveler said:
so I guess you like the cadilac three me to

Heck yes! I'm glad somebody picked up on that. Their Tennessee Mojo song provided some inspiration for the buggy name.
"Back down south, don't ya know
The girls just got that Tennessee Mojo..."

Update from powder coat today - things are moving along! Shouldn't be too long before we see this thing with some color! ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 178
TennesseeMojo said:
Heck yes! I'm glad somebody picked up on that. Their Tennessee Mojo song provided some inspiration for the buggy name.
"Back down south, don't ya know
The girls just got that Tennessee Mojo..."
I knew it one of my favorites its all about the south needs to be on there somewhere

Latest posts