• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Terrorizing Snoqualmie sun 14th

japerry

Had some fun today running around Snoqualmie. We were sorta hard to miss, being the awkward looking 4runner =P

First, we had fun in Central Snoqualmie parking lot... it wasn't plowed so we had some fun there:
IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

But then some security officer came and found us having fun and made us stop. Apparently its 'trespassing on private property' and 'illegal to drive a vehicle out of control' (blah I disagree it was out of control.. but w/e) The officer and I were both very cordial, and he recommended where to go have more fun. :D :D

So next we head down Denny Creek. Sorta pathetic, we did it in two-wheel drive both on the way up and down from the Pass. But it was beautiful!
IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Then we headed towards NFD 5510rd (Tit-kum rd? Tinkim.. w/e)... there were a lot of city folk out there, going nice and slow at 5mph down the road. We actually had to pass one guy in the ditch because he wouldn't move over... a$$hole. (Guessing thats what he thought of us too)
These guys were looking for xmas trees. They didn't seem to believe that we could get around them by going in the ditch:
IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Then we took a left two turn-outs up 5510. There were some faint tracks past the open gate, but we pretty much were making our own tracks.
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Beautiful views out there:
IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

It started getting really sketchy... breaking trail alone.. and really narrow.
IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Before leaving the pass, we saw this guy... Its awesome:
IMG_1075.jpg

Oh but that was not it... as we were going down the pass, the car was death wobbling... we didn't know what it was, but at the bottom of Snoqualmie Falls, BOOM the car starts screetching and we hear something pop out...
IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Luckily, I pulled the driveline out and put it in Frontwheel drive. We limped her home quite nicely. And luck has it, I think the death wobble caused the drive to break loose, and the ring-pinion seem to still be in-tact! But thats for another post.

Now time to fix a few things and get her going before the next storm on Wednesday night.

Me and some friends use to go up to the pass each year at first sign of snow. All but maybe 2-3 years we get harrassed by a cop. The last time we were up there and the last time we went 3 of us were detained in the back of a cruiser cause we were "F'n around on the highway" What had happened was we stopped for a few minutes and before we took off again we realized one of our friends were missing. Myself and another followed his tracks up the hill which came out right next to the highway. As we were all about to head back down the hill a cop came around the bend, seen us, stopped and turned on his lights. Stopping was his mistake and I am sure the reason he was so angry. He couldn't get moving again and told us to walk down to him.....WALK on the freeway down to him. None of us were on the freeway until he told us to. Imagine how he handled it when I told him I had a CPL and was carrying!! Had to walk the rest of the way with my hands up, not easy on the slick ice, until he had me with my hands on his car and he frisked me. Took my weapon then put me in the back with the others.

Backed up and got a better run and continued up the pass to the chalet where his other a$$hole friends were. Our cop told the other cops we were "F'n around on the highway, and playing with guns." the other cops started trying to scare us by saying we would be detained for the evening and spending a night in jail was hopefully something we liked to do. Of the group, I woud most voicestrous and tried to tell our side of the story but those A$$hats had already resigned themselves to their version of events. Overall I kept pretty quiet until they started asking why I felt the need to carry a pistol and then it was on. My friends kept telling me to be quiet but this no longer had anything to do with snow fun and I felt my constitutional rights were being attacked and I took it personally.

While our cop filled out the paperwork we continued our discussion and after a while our friends who we left down with our vehicles showed up and gave the same story we gave the first cop and they let us go. I never believed they intended to detain us too long but it was nice that our friends came looking for us and basically prooved that we were not lying about looking for our friend in the first place.

I don't blame the officer for how I was treated after I informed him I was carrying, but his overall reaction to the entire scenario and not even wanting to belive for a second our version of events really sours me to the whole thing.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, just felt like ranting about this bad experience.

Why a FireTruck?

It was less than 5 minutes after the driveline sheered off that a firetruck came. Apparently, and surprisingly the Fall City Fire dept must have been bored Sunday afternoon =P

So tonight I put the driveline back on, with some locktite. It works perfectly! It still does vibrate, but about that in another post. So I have my rig back after a few bucks in bolts ;-)

looked fun, wish i would of seen ya, i live up there and not too often is there someone up there to wheel with. hoping to run denny cr. a few times this year.

It was less than 5 minutes after the driveline sheered off that a firetruck came. Apparently, and surprisingly the Fall City Fire dept must have been bored Sunday afternoon =P

So tonight I put the driveline back on, with some locktite. It works perfectly! It still does vibrate, but about that in another post. So I have my rig back after a few bucks in bolts ;-)

Your drive line bolts fell out? Then You stopped in the middle of the road, which looks like hwy 202, and then acuse the local fire dept of being board because they protected your rig by blocking it from oncoming traffic? Why not pull to the side?

Your drive line bolts fell out? Then You stopped in the middle of the road, which looks like hwy 202, and then acuse the local fire dept of being board because they protected your rig by blocking it from oncoming traffic? Why not pull to the side?

lol I was saying that lightheartedly =P they were great at getting traffic diverted and letting us get the truck underway quickly.

But when the driveline dropped out it made the back tires skid to a stop, so it was pretty much impossible to pull over

lol I was saying that lightheartedly =P they were great at getting traffic diverted and letting us get the truck underway quickly.

But when the driveline dropped out it made the back tires skid to a stop, so it was pretty much impossible to pull over

Looks like you may have found the cause to your bad vibrations then. Back tires locked up when not being turned by your driveline?

well they locked up (I thought the pinion jammed) but it locked up because the driveline caught the pavement and that caused it to stop spinning.

I know someone that owns one of those Pinzgauers. Nice to see one against something that I can actualy tell the size of the rig.

Some people make RVs out of those. They look real nice built out. For off road, there isn't much you have to do. Oh and they go through water, 4 -5 ft deep, like a fish.

Oh, looks like you had lots of fun out there. I need a snow rig so bad.... :booo: