• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Teryx new cage....

Draco

So a guy I know has beat on this thing for a while. The old cage was in rough shape and in need of replacing. We talked about it and he decided to let me build him something. He give me an idea of what wanted and turned me loose....

What I started with....Must be an old pic....Didn't look that good. molaugh

I started with a small bumper on the back. Leveled everything up and went from there....

It also had a frame issue. I took care of it while waiting on parts. The front ripped the "A" arm mount damn near off.

I cut and notched a small piece of angle and tied them together...Pretty tight without taking the whole front end apart. I don't think it'll go anywhere though. I burned it in hot as hell but most of it don't look "pretty".

Little shot of black paint and call it good....

I went ahead and went over the others so maybe they'll hold.

Continued....

So, on to the cage portion....
Just a simple design. Lower and laid back a little more.

He also wanted some doors and side protection built in...

So you all know after the main part is done, just fill in from there....

Of all things....I ran out of tube. That silver part over the hood area was cut off my old chassis....and looked good. :woot:
When you work by yourself all the time you think of interesting ways to do things. I took it off by myself and when I spun it around that's how/where it landed. :drinkers:

Well he came picked it up Sunday and was very pleased with it. He wanted it lower and I ended up taking a whopping 7.5" out from the original. :eek: And still got plenty of head room.

Once he gets some color on it I'll post up. Should look awesome Kawi green. skully

:dblthumb:

Cole said:
looks great but why are the rear shocks on upside down?

I asked the same thing...Said they won't fit the right way. Something about the resivors hitting the upper mounts. :dunno:

Re: Re: Teryx new cage....

this things pretty stout it pulled my sami half way across halk pride last time I went out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Going to be stronger now. He built the engine and trans while I was doing the cage. Be a nice ride when he's done. The long travel makes it sit a little high for my liking...Each his own though. :driving:

Looks good.. nice to see something other than a rzr from time to time

if im posting im bored

Bumpers said:
Looks good.. nice to see something other than a rzr from time to time

if im posting im bored

Thanks! It was nice to work on something different too. Just a change of pace. He took the bed off, so it was wide open and easy to work on. :dblthumb:

Finished look....brian is a great guy and does jam up work too
gabu8aqu.jpg
ytube2er.jpg
aqa5ypun.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2