• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Gremlin - Toyota beater truggy build

Re: Re: The Gremlin - Toyota beater truggy build

JToyota2 said:
I've seen that happen more than once. They were logging in 2 places on the ky side not sure if they still are. As long as you're not bothering them they won't bother you. The ones behind dry hollow church house even pulled a tree out of the road so we could go through.
Yeah that climb can be tricky, and the fall is intimidating. I've went up it a dozen times, just missed my line.

JToyota2 said:
I've seen that happen more than once. They were logging in 2 places on the ky side not sure if they still are. As long as you're not bothering them they won't bother you. The ones behind dry hollow church house even pulled a tree out of the road so we could go through.

Sounds great, been meaning to get back up there. Glad everybody is getting along, usually doesn't go well when loggers and wheelers mix.

Sorry for the derail.

I think i ran into you one time at blackhouse at preachers rock, i know we talked to your buddy with the tubed out 4 runner, did you have a tacoma with i believe a locked front end and TG rear bumper. I was with the guy with the 4 runner on a Ford frame.

Re: Re: The Gremlin - Toyota beater truggy build

chevota350 said:
I think i ran into you one time at blackhouse at preachers rock, i know we talked to your buddy with the tubed out 4 runner, did you have a tacoma with i believe a locked front end and TG rear bumper. I was with the guy with the 4 runner on a Ford frame.
Yep that's me.

Same Tacoma in my avatar, down in Wilder

Thats pretty cool man, cant believe i just so happen to look through your thread. Awesome toyota by the way. We need to get together and go riding sometime.

Glad to see you are still enjoying the Gremlin. Just an FYI but we are planning a trip to Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountain on Saturday, January 23rd if anyone would want to join. I posted a thread in Trail Rides section.

ridered3 said:
Glad to see you are still enjoying the Gremlin. Just an FYI but we are planning a trip to Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountain on Saturday, January 9th of anyone would want to join. I posted a thread in Trail Rides section.

Patrick's drunk. He meant the 23rd.

Added some reinforcement to the A pillars, I plan to add doubler plating like this all the places it regularly gets rashed. The cage is pretty big/wide on this so GMP is rough on it.

75c79f2e8dc98548bb80172319840454.jpg

Mood lighting lol

6ee46bd6a1e42aeabff08798673a4563.jpg

Tired of shitty pieced together stock exhaust that I can't keep from leaking...

Got a SS obx header for a 2wd truck so it will clear my upper link. Cut the dumb ball flanges off and welded on a couple V band clamps, stick of 2 1/4" ss tube, some hangers and a new muffler. Gonna have some nice not rigged up exhaust finally

aa4cfdcf7260318226c6390ebaec6d15.jpg

so after the 2 year long For Sale thread debacle, it finally sold in 2017,

I reckon @CarolinaCrawler1 has been happy enough with it that he brought it back for a rear 4 link, frame chop, and new rear diff.

Built up a v6 3rd member with new spool, bearings, solid spacer, 4.10s. Should last a long time.

Cut the leafs off and cleaned up the frame.
Built a lower link crossmember from 2x3 and capped the frame with cutouts from some 4x6 tube. Plus a little skid plate tied into the tcase skid to help it slide without hanging up.
7BB3150A-09DB-40FF-B80D-2DDF9DFD3EB7.jpeg

some Barnes coil brackets and generic DIY4x tabs, and a tall top link truss made from a cut out of 2x8. Stock front JK coils and the same yellow billys that have been on it forever
12A5C123-48E5-4042-BEE3-CE1E4DEE8D3A.jpeg

dropped the top links in at the top of the frame right behind the cab,

30B04577-50AB-41E6-95D9-45CB0391D6EA.jpeg
2FF27090-2F7B-4DBB-9024-9D94B0EA089F.jpeg

Last edited:
added a tractor muffler from TSC and another exhaust mount at the link xmember. The old rectangular muffler was too tight under the body/upper link. Might still get tailpiped out over the back axle.
8E49BAD5-8B7A-4B37-B00D-4ACB527A96BC.jpeg

finally chopped the back of the frame off and got rid of the huge and heavy crossmembers, and left enough room for an ATV toolbox behind the shock towers.

6B62B3D4-83E8-405C-AFFF-A8BE8C55653F.jpeg

410C406B-0FB1-49D5-B6D1-735929E6146D.jpeg

it's got 37 Toyo stickies on some steel bead locks, and 14" 2.5 Radflo air shocks in the front. Front is a bit low right now, @CarolinaCrawler1 said he's planning to do some valving on the front and and raise it up a bit for some smoother trail running

I thought my tractor sounded like a tractor, but your tractor outdid my tractors tractor-ness.

Latest posts