• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Lost Sea, underground lake in Sweetwater, TN

Re: Re: Re: The Lost Sea, underground lake in Sweetwater, TN

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
I've been to the lost sea and really enjoyed it! I also enjoy some city and colour!

Awesome! I honestly only know a handful of ppl that like City and Colour....so you get 10 U.S. points for that.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

I never been there but it looks like something i would definitely be interested in! The Carlsbad Caverns is another awesome place ti check also!! :)
There is one room thats like 387 feet from the lowest point to the highest point in it!! Its really neat to see and takes a few hours to see it all :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
I'm sure you already know but the name city and colour comes from Dallas Greene's name, a city and a color.

And he was named after the Phillies baseball team manager, Dallas Green.... ;D

I've been a huge Dallas Green follower for 5ish years now. However, I'm not too big on his most recent album that came out a month or two ago. Some of the songs on it just sounds too much like modern country, and that's not Dallas Green. It was recorded in Nashville, so I'm sure he had some major producer influence in the new music. Hope his next album isn't any worse. Everything from the Fragile Bird album back, is awesome, quality music.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Havent been to lost sea since I was a kid, need to go back. Also never heard of City and Colour til now. Like there sound, thanks for posting.

Re: Re: The Lost Sea, underground lake in Sweetwater, TN

Awesome, always great to turn people onto such a great band, moreso musician (Dallas Green). Sept 28th seems soooo damn far away. I'm ready for the concert now! Think I've watched damn near every live video of City and Colour that's on Youtube lol.

Gonna be a big day tomorrow! Heading to the Lost Sea for the cave tour with a few friends, then onto Knoxville for the City and Colour concert! Long overdue day of relaxing fun! :drinkers:

tonybolton said:
You should jus come to Windrock and ride with us instead ;D

No way in hell I'm missing that concert lol been waiting years for this day!

5BrothersFabrication said:
I would meet up with y'all for beers and bewbers but I'm heading to Ohio at 5:30am.

I think we are gonna try to eat and grab a few beers somewhere in Knoxville after the Lost Sea until concert time, hopefully somewhere close to the Bijou Theater. Any recommendations? Any good steakhouse or bar with good food, preferably wide selection of beer, but not a must.

The Lost Sea was awesome again! Been like 7 years or so since I've been there, was a lot more strenuous of a hike than I remembered. This was the first time through it with the ole peg leg. Tried to take some pictures but it's too dark in there to see a lot of definition.

Then hit The Downtown Grill & Brewery for some fine dining and excellent craft beer. Really enjoyed that place.

Next we hit the concert. Dallas Green and his band exceeded my expectations by a long shot! They really did it big for this concert. I have a couple pics/vids, my phone died early in the concert. It was by far the best concert I've ever been to.

Left the concert and headed back to the Downtown Grill for more food and more craft beer, sat outside on the patio tables alongside the sidewalk of the main strip. Was a fantastic night overall! One down in the history books for sure!

Will post pics below thumb.gif

Kicked off with a good breakfast

4yheda5e.jpg

eragu4e3.jpg

Tunnel ^^^ lead down to Lost Sea cave. Didn't mean to submit that post before posting the rest of the pics.

ba2e9ynu.jpg

8usytu3a.jpg

dy4apyne.jpg

ju8e3yja.jpg

re6yquju.jpg

eqy9ube8.jpg

7enuhare.jpg

utusujad.jpg

gebepuju.jpg

zy5yzybu.jpg

Next, we arrived in Downtown Knoxville for dinner, beer, and concert. Rolling 24's, murdered out!

2etaty5a.jpg

uqaha4ur.jpg

sajaruty.jpg

rege3yma.jpg

Gay Street....
tetamaze.jpg

qagatu8y.jpg

4a8uruha.jpg

ejy7egup.jpg

eruryqyq.jpg

I think the next time I head to Gatlingburg I am gonna have to make a stop there

bamatoy said:
I think the next time I head to Gatlingburg I am gonna have to make a stop there

It's definitely something to see. The boat ride across the lake at the bottom of the cave is awesome. Just crazy how vastly open the majority of that cave is, especially when you get down to where the lake is, it's huge! Think she said it was around 2 or 3 acres, and there is a completely water filled room on the other side of the wall from it that is 9 acres big (found by divers using sonar device).

Re:

I was thinking more like throw a party and explore the cave off the beaten path one night lol. My luck, I'd get drunk, fall in a hole, and disappear. :****:

Theey said it actually used to be a bar back in the early 1900's, called The Cavern Tavern. That **** would have been awesome!