• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Mississippi Boys go "Rock Bouncing" at Gray Rock

sucks about that pump man....I had a buddy whos PSC pump did the same thing at Harlan a few weeks ago. crazy wonder what is causing these pump failures?

1TONZR2 said:
sucks about that pump man....I had a buddy whos PSC pump did the same thing at Harlan a few weeks ago. crazy wonder what is causing these pump failures?

I did a search on pirate and apparently it is not that uncommon but when it happened it surprised the hell out of me, otoh i did read that either HOWE or POS was looking into building a hopped up pump with a hardened shaft, can't remeber which one. I'm just hoping to get mine warrantied.

BootyFab said:
I did a search on pirate and apparently it is not that uncommon but when it happened it surprised the hell out of me, otoh i did read that either HOWE or POS was looking into building a hopped up pump with a hardened shaft, can't remeber which one. I'm just hoping to get mine warrantied.
Told you it was not uncommon.... :flipoff1:

Yep, white monster Jeep. :flipper:

bigsilly said:
Told you it was not uncommon.... :flipoff1:

Yep, white monster Jeep. :flipper:

easy speedracer, i'll go all monster truck on you and go car crushing on that cute little buggy while you are turtled up inside.

BootyFab said:
easy speedracer, i'll go all monster truck on you and go car crushing on that cute little buggy while you are turtled up inside.
:flipoff1:

Now go introduce yourself proper in general discussion in the sticky intro thread so these clowns will know who you are.

BootyFab said:

I know have been through 1 POS pump, 1 PSC pump, and hoping my current PSC pump lasts....I added a cooler, so hopefully that will help. I would like a better pump, but really dont want to spend 300 bux on pump that MIGHT last longer.
twisting shafts is crazy....bad thing about my buddies, we didnt know it happened till they were pulling the pulley off to put the new pump in, just thought it was a toasted pump.

Brian

wngrog said:
I loved being able to peel out in my buggy. It is not something I want to do every time I go wheeling, but I shifted it into 3rd two different times on Cable. That **** was fun.

Thats awesome. I can't wait to get my buggy. Neutral Drop. booyang

How many of you guys killin pumps lay in it at full lock and let it whine ? When its lock you know it, let off and drive son !

P said:
How many of you guys killin pumps lay in it at full lock and let it whine ? When its lock you know it, let off and drive son !
Not even, very very rarely let it go to 2500psi on lock. My setup would smoke a stock TC in less than 15 minutes, and full degradate it in about 45 minutes of run time. My system was setup with the tranny cooler for the steering cooler. It just restricted the flow too much, and the return line to the pump is only 5/16. My system would starve and then burn the blades.

I do have a full Howe system, but have not installed it yet.

87yjtoy said:
thanks Frankie built this rig back in 03/04. I really enjoy like it.

Is that the rig he built with the V-6 in it? If so, I looked at buying that thing, cool ride. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
Is that the rig he built with the V-6 in it? If so, I looked at buying that thing, cool ride. thumb.gif
That is it. It has a 4.3 in it. It works very well and that 4.3 gets it.

bigsilly said:
That is it. It has a 4.3 in it. It works very well and that 4.3 gets it.

Frankie had the right idea back then, just a little too much weight for nowdays. When he built Dibbles ride, nothing could beat it. It's still a legend, rest it's soul, wherever it might be. Great ride for ya. Glad to see it's still gettting a beatin and still tickin. Anybody heard from Frankie lately? :dunno:

Frankie built it with Toy axles with 39 iroks. when he sold it new owner put a 60/70 combo in it. I think he streched it some then also.
I really like it.

CHASMAN9 said:
Frankie had the right idea back then, just a little too much weight for nowdays. When he built Dibbles ride, nothing could beat it. It's still a legend, rest it's soul, wherever it might be. Great ride for ya. Glad to see it's still gettting a beatin and still tickin. Anybody heard from Frankie lately? :dunno:

last I heard he was outta the game altogether :dunno:

87yjtoy said:
Frankie built it with Toy axles with 39 iroks. when he sold it new owner put a 60/70 combo in it. I think he streched it some then also.
I really like it.

Bad Ride, beat it like it owes you. Hope to see it in person again. thumb.gif

The suspension on that buggy is very nicely sorted out. It is a great crawler. I think it was ahead of its time when it came out.

off topic on the pumps....I burnt up more than I could count of PSC's. Said F*it and put the stock Ls1 pump back on it, one failure in 2.5 years of riding 3 weekends or so a month. Try a stock pump if you run a gen.3 chevy motor, it works and won't burn up at 6000rpms. Homiezone carries them too, no waiting.

GStone said:
off topic on the pumps....I burnt up more than I could count of PSC's. Said F*it and put the stock Ls1 pump back on it, one failure in 2.5 years of riding 3 weekends or so a month. Try a stock pump if you run a gen.3 chevy motor, it works and won't burn up at 6000rpms. Homiezone carries them too, no waiting.
the trucks run P pumps still, the cars run tc pumps. I was putting O'shitty's repop'd tc's on the race buggy, but I guess it didn't have enough inflow from the cooler. they were burning up right away. were you running a cooler greg?

Latest posts