• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Mutt Gets Rebuilt at Rockwild Engineering

Willymutt

I know this is a crosspost, but :flipgotcha:, I'm not going to type it all again.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8536025&posted=1#post8536025

psssssssssssst... you can go into your message , highlight it right click copy and paste it.... Dont tell anyone though.

:flipoff1:

PS: its lookin good man I dig it !! i bet thats a fun lil rig :afro:

Finally got some more time to work on it. Rained here all weekend so my softball tourney was cancelled after we won our first game. I was able to work in the shop more than planned.

I got the LP tank mounts placed and tacked in place. Had to move a shock mount for clearance issues, but it turned out good. I removed the rear crossmember and lowered the tanks in the frame a little. The cross tube will now be the cross member.

Buggy005.jpg

I also got the seat mounts placed. I'm waiting on getting the drivers side seat rails made to get them installed. The passenger seat will be stationary.

Buggy007.jpg

I also got the brake pedal mounted. We used the mount and pedal that was in the old tub. I don't run powered brakes, so don't have to worry about a booster being in the road. We also added some gussets on the top of the cage joining the crossbar to the diagonal bar.

Buggy008.jpg

I have a long ways to go yet, but we are getting closer. It will be a lot of little things now. Thanks to Travis for doing most of the welding on the chassis for me. That allows me to make parts and place pieces instead of having to weld them up at the same time.