• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinking about a new TIG welder ...

I just bought a Dynasty 200 on Craigslist.

Paid $500 for it since HF start didn't work. Dropped it off to the shop that services all the welders from work and had the problem diagnostiqued. HF board was bad. Bought and changed it ($450), bought a new CK torch ($150) and I've been loving it ever since.

That machine is amazing, very powerful, compact and it runs on all power sources.

I bought an ESAB Rebel. I am building g a new rear axle and have pushed the little machine at 200 amps tig welding for extended periods of time. I was wearing mig gloves and have had to put the torch down because it was so hot on many occasions, the machine never cared. I have pushed the mig at 230 amps expecting it to over heat and shut down. I haven't been a le to get it to yet. I am impressed with the little machine.
I bought it with all options that included the aluminum spool gun It cost 1900 dollars shipped.

It is very smooth. I can only compare the Rebel's spool gun to the cobra spool gun I have with a big old Hobart mig. I have done a bunch of aluminum welding my my trailer from 1/8th sheet up to 3/8 inch C çhannel. I have a 400 amp Linde high frequency rig power supply and a Hobart 250 amp might. The Rebel is now all I use. To fit aluminum, I still have tosdust of the old Linde .
I have welded steel up to 3/8 the with the Rebel using might on 220 volt. The tig would take two or three passes to do an honest 3/8.
I have yet to run it on 110 volt.
I have not found anything I do not like about it. I still don't trust computers in welders yet.

Has anyone tried the new Lincoln tig 200? I have spoke with several weld shops and they all say it's awesome but.... They are trying to sale it to me so of course it's awesome.

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

pplblazerdude said:
Has anyone tried the new Lincoln tig 200? I have spoke with several weld shops and they all say it's awesome but.... They are trying to sale it to me so of course it's awesome.

I own a Square wave 200. Ordered it in January, I believe. I bought to have the portability of AC in the field/away from my shop. It's done everything I've asked of it sofar. I'd say the majority of hours on it have been spent in the AC mode.

Hillbilly said:
I own a Square wave 200. Ordered it in January, I believe. I bought to have the portability of AC in the field/away from my shop. It's done everything I've asked of it sofar. I'd say the majority of hours on it have been spent in the AC mode.
How user friendly would you say it is? I've done a decent bit of scratch start tig but this would be my first high frez machine.

pplblazerdude said:
How user friendly would you say it is? I've done a decent bit of scratch start tig but this would be my first high frez machine.

Coming from a Lincoln Tig 300 that has switches and knobs, I'd safe fairly user friendly. It's pretty basic compared to other machines I've used. I did have to get the cheat sheet out the first few times to get familiar with it.

Hillbilly said:
Coming from a Lincoln Tig 300 that has switches and knobs, I'd safe fairly user friendly. It's pretty basic compared to other machines I've used. I did have to get the cheat sheet out the first few times to get familiar with it.
One last questions. Does It leave out features that you fell are important?i will be doing lite fab work and playing around with aluminum.

Thanks

See if the pic works. It only has 2 buttons, 1 knob for current and an ON/OFF switch. You can adjust the pulse, balance & frequency, but that's about it as far as bells and whistles. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. If it's missing anything, I wouldn't know :rolf: like I said I really wanted it to be throw in the back of the truck and have AC & high frequency in the field. I've been pleased sofar.

Latest posts