• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This made my weekend worth while....

gasman1

Spent the weekend camped out at Half way flats. Got up early and took me bike for a ride looking for wildlife. Sat i headed up the 1706, rode the most the side roads looking for animal. Saw a total of 3 cows, 2 deer (a doe and a 3 PT in velvet). Kind of disappointed in the lack of elk around. O yeah, i did see a 8 does running together in th eupper hills.
Today was a different story. Headed up Milk Creek Rd to do some riding and cam across a doe with 2 fawns. They were only hrs old, for they did not have the ability to walk yet. They would take a step or two and fall down. One just stayed but the other tryed t follow mom.
I was trying to get a picture of the deer but the camera read "memory card Locked" :dunno: i fiddeled with it untill i remembered how to unlock the mem card, but by that time the deer were gone. I wlked in the direction they went and seen mom walk behind a bush, so i waited to see if the fawn's would come out. I took 3 steps forward to get a better view (mom crossed about 40 yards in front of me), I looked down and there was one of the fawns. I stepped back, took some pic and left it where it layed with out bothering it. As i was heading back to my bike i darn neer triped over the other fawn. I again took a few a pictures and left it alone. Mom was close by keeping an eye on me. I assured her that i offer no harm and felt her and the fawns alone.

It was amasing to how still they can stay with danger around. They just layed there, like yu cant see me, I am invisable.

fawnpic004.jpg

fawnpic003.jpg

fawnpic006.jpg

fawnpic008.jpg

fawnpic007.jpg

Coming across them and being able to get these pictures made the weekend worth the trip..........

I will probably never see something like this in my life again, most people don't.

It was cool, laying in the dirt to get the shots only 2-3 feet away :awesomework:

The little bastards are cute but they do just lay perfectly still they wouldn't even get out of the way when I was cutting and bailing hay I would end up hitting 2 or 3 during the first cutting every year...

That is awesome, I love seeing wildlife up close like that, you made sure not to touch her though?!?! If you did, there's a good chance that'll be the last time anyone see's that deer... :booo:

Looks like you had a good time, any other scenic shots?! :corn:

That is awesome, I love seeing wildlife up close like that, you made sure not to touch her though?!?! If you did, there's a good chance that'll be the last time anyone see's that deer... :booo:

Looks like you had a good time, any other scenic shots?! :corn:

I know not to touch them.

Latest posts