• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This SUNDAY - Tinkham Snow Run I90

n16ht5

This SUNDAY - EXIT 38 Snow Run I90

alright Im going up this sunday... have 3 rigs so far.

cb Ch 1

Exit 38 (edit) 9AM well be at .. somewhere.. :eeek:

425 220 4165

chris

Last edited:
FYI the "climb" at the top if you make it that far is off limits. Per a posse of rangers, sheriffs, and at least one game warden. In their words, "there are no 4x4 trails anywhere in the area".

...so you also have to be street legal.

you're likely to get loads of flatlanders up there in thar killin xmas trees (USFS is sending up that exit). exit 38 may be a better bet (and also probably flatlanders too).

here's a report from a recent tree killin trip ...
The weather was fantastic. Since the FS was directing everyone to exit 46 (Hansen Creek) due to the road washouts at exit 38 we elected to go to exit 38.

We were the only rigs in the area! Nice! We ended up negotiating a couple washout sections of road which was fun. Then we ran the gauntlet of trees over the road. Here Bill got some nice scratches down to primer on his Grand Cherokee. My radio antenna was forcibly removed from my hood and I lost my front license plate too. We probably got up to about 3500' before we turned around due to my carb running so rich I couldn't spin a tire in snow.

There were way more quality trees in this area than I've ever seen at Hansen Creek. We didn't even have to hike! The only bad part of the trip was actually a little pathetic. On the way back down we found three vehicles had just parked in the road. The occupants were out tree hunting and apparently decided they must be the only people in the forest! We had to wait 45 minutes for these specimens to come back and then figure out how to arrange their vehicles. Wow! Lowlanders... :mad:

I was out on Tinkham last Wednesday - getting the tree with the family. There was really no snow to talk of. :booo:

There might be more now, but doubt there is a whole lot. Darn warm weather and rain hit the pass too. :mad:

We were just snow shoeing up at Snoqualmie pass today and there was very little snow all the way up there. You may be hard pressed to find snow unless some comes this week.

We were just snow shoeing up at Snoqualmie pass today and there was very little snow all the way up there. You may be hard pressed to find snow unless some comes this week.

looks like a couple of inches are coming tonight ... here's hopin the snow-level stays low.