• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This VS. That Vs. The Other Thing...

kingkrawler

What locker should I go with?

1. Powertrack's Lock Right locker?
2. An Aussie Locker?
3. A Quick Lock?
4. Some other locker that is close in price and requires the same installation procedure?

I have run Lockright and Aussie I prefer the Aussie because it has less parts but both work fine

I strongly disagree to this, I'm running a welded rear right meow, and fawkin hate life.

Once i get a new third i'm goin ARB.

in my build up i have a spool planned. i have a welded diff in the rear for now. ive only had it for 2 weeks and im sick of it. screeching and hopping around every corner can be funny sometimes, but it wont be funny to be fully locked on the street with $1000+ in tires burning away every turn!:mad: it almost tempts me to toss my ARB in the rear and the spool up front with hydro assist, but that would probably suck even more.

to answer your question, lockrite and aussie are both good lockers. i dont know much about quicklok though. i know that aussie is quieter than lockrite, but theyre both pretty much the same design.

Go buy an Aussie. They are quite a bit stronger than lockrights. Check out the vendors on pirate. They had a pretty good special going not to long ago.

Make sure you know what your doing if you install a lockright, ect, by yourself. And try not to buy used...
I just paid for the lesson, Now I'm gunna weld mine up....

Is cuz every fawkin time i go around a corner on cement i shear a fawkin spring pin. :mad:

Put in some bigger spring pins and tighten your u-bolts then. :flipoff:

I like the Aussie lockers. I recently helped a friend install one in his c-clip D35 (yeah, I know...) which was kind of a pain. But, it works well and is smooth and quiet for the most part.

ive ran the same welded 3rd in the rear for...the last 3 years. sure buying tires suck but thats why i have street tires and offroad tires. but now that my truck is trailered it doesnt matter so much. i think that if its strictly OR weld of mini spool. but if its drivin on the street maybe go for a detroit. but hell, if you got the spare 900 bucks for an ARB and a compressor more power to ya.

in my build up i have a spool planned. i have a welded diff in the rear for now. ive only had it for 2 weeks and im sick of it. screeching and hopping around every corner can be funny sometimes, but it wont be funny to be fully locked on the street with $1000+ in tires burning away every turn!:mad: it almost tempts me to toss my ARB in the rear and the spool up front with hydro assist, but that would probably suck even more.

to answer your question, lockrite and aussie are both good lockers. i dont know much about quicklok though. i know that aussie is quieter than lockrite, but theyre both pretty much the same design.
You think that going from welded to a spool is going to make any difference? I know im retarded but sounds like the same damn thing to me