• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This week in the garage with Dodge and Karl Klement Dodge in Decatur, TX

You need a lawler.In a buy back you should get full price plus the value of you trade in witch they arnt going to be able to give back plus any cost out of pocket like missed work rental cost.ect.... thumb.gif

The vehicle is currently sitting in a barn on the ranch while I am in MO driving my old 97 powerstroke. It's fun. ::)

I came across two more Chrsler contacts while doing research last night. I will be sending letters to those parties as well.

I have not hired a lawyer yet, so far there has been nothing a lawyer could do that I could not.

B Gillespie said:
The vehicle is currently sitting in a barn on the ranch while I am in MO driving my old 97 powerstroke. It's fun. ::)

You need someone driving that thing semi-regularly to see if these issues return. ;)

P Wgn is in Dallas. I have Fri-Sun off for a few more weeks, I might make run down there to get it.

Chrsler sent me an email today. Cliffs notes are that they contacted the dealer who says everything is fine and if I am unhappy I can take it to another dealer.

And this turns into even more of PITA...

Called one of the Chrysler contacts I found on the net this weekend. According to her, I will have to either go get the truck, or have someone drive it around to moniter leaks, etc. I am welcome to bring it back to MO, but I will have to file for lemon law in TX. Any inspections by Chrysler or TxDOT will require me to bring the vehicle back to TX, which of course has an ultra high opportunity cost for me as I have sooo much extra time. ::)

Basically what your saying is... FAWK CHRYSLER ! That's some BS weren't they just last year talking so proudly of there lifetime drivetrain warranty laughing1 what a joke.

That sucks dood.

TxDOT Master Mechanic called me back earlier. From what I gathered, he is one of the main decision makers on your case going to court and how big of a POS your vehicle is/how big of a PITA the auto maker has been. After describing the situation he said, "sounds like you bought a piece of ****. You havent had your vehicle in to the dealer for the four mandatory times, but I bet it will be by the time I get your information. Send all of your information in to me and I'll turn it in." I have completed all of the forms and attached the information he asked for; it will leave Columbia tomorrow.

Im kinda going through the same crap with my red chevy. Today is the 5th time its gone to the dealer for dead batteries. I may drive it 3 days or two weeks and then come out and the bastard is dead. They had it a week and a half before New Years and a week two weeks ago. Last time they had it they put a altinator on it thinking it was shorted out. drove ot all week with no problems, drove it to the shop yesterday and when I got ready to come home it was soooo dead it couldnt lock the doors! Im hoping for an electrical fire!! Tried trading it for a 3/4 ton like it and they wanted $12k diff for an 08 to an 09.

Brian, I am not familiar with lemon laws in KS, but it sounds like you would have a good case.

Chrysler rep mentioned a "compensation package", we will see what happens.

Finally had a real, live Chrysler corporate representative contact me yesterday. She was one of Bob Nardelli's secretaries and very cordial and intelligent. It seemed her main goal was to confirm all of the details of the situation, and seemed eager to resolve the issues as well. We are tenatively scheduled to talk again Monday at 1 PM CST.

She did not call yesterday. Truthfully, I was too busy to talk to anyone yesterday, hopefully I will know something soon.

Caddishack18 said:
Im kinda going through the same crap with my red chevy. Today is the 5th time its gone to the dealer for dead batteries. I may drive it 3 days or two weeks and then come out and the bastard is dead. They had it a week and a half before New Years and a week two weeks ago. Last time they had it they put a altinator on it thinking it was shorted out. drove ot all week with no problems, drove it to the shop yesterday and when I got ready to come home it was soooo dead it couldnt lock the doors! Im hoping for an electrical fire!! Tried trading it for a 3/4 ton like it and they wanted $12k diff for an 08 to an 09.
Just a quick update on mine, Still in the shop. They have had it 9 days now!

Update:

Kelly from Chrysler corporate called me back at about 11:15. At this time, they are not offering to buy back my vehicle. Considering that no one has driven the vehicle since it was "repaired," we really have no way to determine if the vehicle is actually repaired. They are keeping my case open and want me to report back when I get the truck in March. She is sending me 266 free synthetic oil change and lube coupons.

Once again, she was nice and professional. I hope this remains the same, especially when I get the truck back to find it having the same problems.