• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Through Body Cage Weather Proofing

Donkeylips

I'm buttoning up the cage in the next couple weeks and I am curious what you guys use for weather proofing tubing the goes through the body. I am on rubber body mounts. I don't care about allowing the body to move a bunch, I just don't want the body cracking over time. This is a wheeler not a DD but I still drive it to/from the trail. I have a couple ideas but was hoping someone had some genius idea I haven't seen yet.

:beer:

I'm buttoning up the cage in the next couple weeks and I am curious what you guys use for weather proofing tubing the goes through the body. I am on rubber body mounts. I don't care about allowing the body to move a bunch, I just don't want the body cracking over time. This is a wheeler not a DD but I still drive it to/from the trail. I have a couple ideas but was hoping someone had some genius idea I haven't seen yet.

:beer:

If the tubing is thru the body try plumbing vent caps the roof.

Maybe use Sikaflex sealant? It's water proof and quite flexible,
Or use plumbing roof vents, but you'd have to stick them on before welding the cage together! :redneck:

Use the sealing grommets for pipe and tubing. I used the snap in type for my fox air shocks through the tub. Work great

Last edited: