• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tilting electric fan / radiator.

rugger99

Due to space requirements, I am going to have to tilt my electric fan / radiator in order to clear the hood. It looks like tilting the radiator back (towards the firewall) about ten to twelve degrees will give me the clearance I need. That being said, does anyone foresee any issues in doing this ? I cannot see where it will have a negative impact but it can't hurt to ask. For reference, the setup in question is a FlexALite aluminum radiator/electric fan setup that is one piece and nothing in the instructions state anything about required positioning.

rugger99 said:
Due to space requirements, I am going to have to tilt my electric fan / radiator in order to clear the hood. It looks like tilting the radiator back (towards the firewall) about ten to twelve degrees will give me the clearance I need. That being said, does anyone foresee any issues in doing this ? I cannot see where it will have a negative impact but it can't hurt to ask. For reference, the setup in question is a FlexALite aluminum radiator/electric fan setup that is one piece and nothing in the instructions state anything about required positioning.

Nope that will be fine. Mine is tilted back a decent bit and I have no cooling issues whatsoever.

5uxcYed.jpg

7UU9WCk.jpg

I've seen them mounted flat in the back with a surge tank up high, worked fine.

Any of the WOD buggies with a front radiator are really laid back too.

IMG_1094_1.JPG

TBItoy said:
I've seen them mounted flat in the back with a surge tank up high, worked fine.

Any of the WOD buggies with a front radiator are really laid back too.

IMG_1094_1.JPG

which direction do the fans move air on a radiator laid over this far?