• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

time for a redo on the old soldier trail/crawler

kensdodge1

tired of tearin up my kidneys with lift springs and no flex out with the goofy lift springs ford 57 rear springs and chevy 52" front springs out with the divorced 205 and in goes the married dana 300 mainly run 42"s but will be steppin up too 44's this year cut by rockwells607
FILE0003.jpg

FILE0007.jpg

FILE0012.jpg

FILE0010.jpg

FILE0008.jpg

FILE0023.jpg

FILE0033-1.jpg

yup all 500hp of it hopin speeding up the water pump with a new pulley and a bigger crossflow rad will keep the cooling issues to minimum

Got the 57" ford's in the back most everything is mocked up .

FILE0041.jpg

Now im startin to work up front havin some issues findin chevy blazer 52" springs. (mostly cuz im cheap lol) So i was wondering if i use my dodge rear lift springs. Which are offset pin and have 11" of arch in them but bastard a pack together from my fronts which have 6 1/4" arch will this help make them more flexible or am I an idiot and should just buy new rear chevy springs. im gonna need atleast 8" of arch to clear the 44's and have room for it too flex the front always flexed pretty good but the rear sucked .

main leaf from the rear lift pack
FILE0038.jpg

front pack vs rear pack
FILE0040.jpg

tune that shackle angle so that its pointed back at about a 45 degree angle under its weight. That will give you the small amount of uptravel you are looking for and massive droop. that's what works for me.

I appreciate that but i live in upstate ny might make it a lil tough to pick them up thanks though
Bronco Buster said:
I am pretty sure that I have a set of 52" springs. I am about 20miles south of Huntsville.

I gotta go with the Doctor on this, pure awesomeness right there!

Always loved them old power wagons :dblthumb:

I hope you plan on putting the bed and front clip back on :dunno:

Definitely gonna watch this, nice rig :woot:

got a bunch done on the old soldier lookin pretty good shortend up the approach/departure angles , married the tcaseabout 2 " of tcase underneath , added 57" ford springs to the back and slid it all under the chassis, bastardized the 52" rear springs and slid those under the front. alot of work but preliminary inspection shows it flexin pretty good 19" under right rear tire could have takin it up a lil more but everything was just tacked in place.
Here's some piks for y'all
FILE0058.jpg

FILE0063.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0460.jpg

100_0462.jpg

I love that old truck, but I was hoping you were doing coil buckets or a four link and coil overs. Still a sweet ole ride though man.

lookin great buddy, gonna be sweet with them aetna cut 44 tsls when the guy finally gets em cut for ya , maybe we will get to wheel yet this fall together

lookin forward to it bro goin out to Camden Sat. i'll let ya know how it goes . Ya be nice to get them tires sometime before they end up on his wifes buggy lol

Latest posts