• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

time for NEW tires

altron32

i hate making big $ decisions when there is so many options, im looking to get a new set of 35x12.5r15 MTs, just cant make a final call on what brand.

im torn between km2's or mtr kevlars.

lets here some pro/cons between the 2, or a third option? bighorns?

my 93' excab sas will mostly see NW trails, some sand, and lots of snow in the winter months, and i dont have a hauler so im driving to and from the trails. i dont DD the truck also.

thanks!

MTR's. I was with a rig last weekend that had the kevlars and they did good. They seem to flex real good. Probably the tire I'm going to get when I wear out my old style MTR's

I've heard radial iroks do really good in the snow. Also heard they still wear fast.

yea irocks would be nice, my brother has some 36.5" on his yota, but alittle too aggressive for street driving.

its looking like mtr's are in the lead though

Hi All,

I have seen IROK radials do amazing stuff in deep snow. Far more aggressive than the BFGs or the Goodyears though.

Good luck with your choice! :D

-Alan

i hate making big $ decisions when there is so many options, im looking to get a new set of 35x12.5r15 MTs, just cant make a final call on what brand.

im torn between km2's or mtr kevlars.

lets here some pro/cons between the 2, or a third option? bighorns?

my 93' excab sas will mostly see NW trails, some sand, and lots of snow in the winter months, and i dont have a hauler so im driving to and from the trails. i dont DD the truck also.

thanks!

Honestly I am very surprised and impressed with the performance of my bighorns.. they are a really great all around tire and they air down awesome! They work great on rock mud and snow

Honestly I am very surprised and impressed with the performance of my bighorns.. they are a really great all around tire and they air down awesome! They work great on rock mud and snow

If your tire progression goes something like Thornbirds, Wildcat EXT's, then Bighorns, yes they're great. They can't touch the performance of the Goodyear, though.

I have a set of Truxs mt's on my DD cherokar and a 4runner and it always has surprised me how well they do in snow. My first choice would be iroks for a trail rig only but if I was going to DD and wheel in snow it would be Truxs.

I had bighorns they did pretty good on the trail. Only had them in the snow a couple of times and they did alright.
Nothing like my old MTR's I have now.