• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time to start a new chassis

Took the day off and got my hands dirty on my own project. Started adding more tubes to the chassis. These tubes will eventually support the back of the engine, as well as the hood and engine cage

Threw the seats in to get an idea of how the interior is going to lay out. I'm gonna have to chop up the seat frames and modify them so I can make the seats sit about 1.5" lower since the belly is really shallow and my Tcase/trans are big.

I still need to narrow the hood

Supercharger just touches the hood. The whole section above the supercharger will be cut out so an engine cage will fit

I then moved on to the front winch plate. Its still not finished but I should be done with it tomorrow

fl-krawler said:
At this point I think his buggy is nothing more than a figment of his imagination.. I'll see if I can get the pics moved over sometime this week

well for the last 7 months I been so busy working on my rig I never knew you had a build thread on yours lol,

btw my **** will be running tomorrow :flipgotcha: :****: flashemifyougotem

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in a while. Been pretty busy working on other people's stuff and trying to move into a new shop.

Steering ram. Its got an aluminum body so its about 15lbs lighter than a comparable ram. It was made by Kickass offroad, is 2.5" x 9"

Started working on the belly, lower link mounts, and axle placement. Originally I started with a fabricated plate belly, but it was heavy, and hard to access things so I cut it all out and started over. The plan is to skin the belly/boat sides with 1/4" aluminum that is removable to make things in the belly easily accessable. I am also building a belly cradle that is removable, so the drivetrain can be removed from the top or the bottom of the rig

Front axle clearance at full stuff. Wheelbase will be 120"

Pic of the air shifter setup on the Hero 3spd.

fl-krawler said:
Started working on the belly, lower link mounts, and axle placement. Originally I started with a fabricated plate belly, but it was heavy, and hard to access things so I cut it all out and started over. The plan is to skin the belly/boat sides with 1/4" aluminum that is removable to make things in the belly easily accessable. I am also building a belly cradle that is removable, so the drivetrain can be removed from the top or the bottom of the rig

what is the plan for those lower link cross member attachment points? not bushings, right? it seems like there would be a lot of stress there.

just asking, i know you build **** that works.

The attachments for those cross members is 2"x.250 wall tube sleeved with a solid chuck of 6061 (so they are lighter) and then capped on the ends with a piece of welded plate. The f/r crossmembers will be tied together with an "X" brace, and the tabs on the chassis will be boxed in once finished. You can sorta see how its done in this pic

In the past, I've always done 6 mounting points with simple tabs and never had any failure issues, but it was always a PITA to get all 6 bolts in. This one I'm gonna do 4 and beef up the tabs.