• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tinkam rd

hotwheels000

I stopped by there today to do a little crawlin on the way to cashmere......

Not happening :rolleyes:

The first crossing had a road block and was under cut at the far left side where we were running up to the tree, 2 of the 3 trees that were there are gone ,there is 5 or so tress been fell and cut. All the large rocks at the base are gone. ther is smaller football sized rocks over the entire road,the good part is that there was no running water in the creek bed.........SO I decided to go around the barrier and check the second crossing...

Even worse :rolleyes:

The RIVER had forked at the crossing and was going down each side not even in the original bed. Even more debris on the road (couldnt cross that one) O yeah did I mention the RIVER. It was flowing pretty hard at that crossing.

I hope that the state cleans it up or we may be waiting until the snow melts and they prep it for next camping season.

NEW SUBJECT

Mike and I were talking about a waterhole/rope swing that is up in box canyon that happens to be on a giant slab of rock. We thought might be worth crawling at the last comp. I headed up 90 to Stampede pass/LK Kaches and into box canyon. It was as we remembered and I spent a hour crawling around. It was cold and a few flurrys from the tops of the hills blew by but it was a blast. If we did anything up there it would have to be in the summer and the courses would be long (spread out). It was a blast. I got to check out my lastest 2.2 against the clod 2.2 that was cool. Now I have to decide wich one to run in the comps>>>>>

If you get a chance to before the snows hit check it out it is a fun place.

Great scouting report Devlin. I guess water really does flow through Tinkham, but I thought it was mostly just in the spring runoff.

I've got a couple of ideas I want to check out, but I think the roads I've looked at on Google Earth might turn out to be gated.

That is exactly what the stream crossing were built for. Not only for spring crossing.
I'm surprised you were able go accross the first water crossing and the second is literally a when with this type of rain.

Hey now that I read your post with directions, I know exactly where you are talking about, just never knew it was called Box Canyon. I haven't been there in several years. I'm guessing you can't park anywhere but on the road anymore? Once upon a time you could drive back behind the big rock slab and camp right beside the river. Not with a motorhome, but with a pickup and camper it could be done.

I dont know if you can camp next to or behind anymore but the sign says no camping on the slab.

I also remember when you could do that.

smr4runner said:
That is exactly what the stream crossing were built for. Not only for spring crossing.
I'm surprised you were able go accross the first water crossing and the second is literally a when with this type of rain.

are you talking to me becuase I dont understand .:wtf:

Todd1803 said:
See what I mean, we used to be nice to each other....:flipoff: :looser: :kissmyass: :haha:
Let me rephrase

Dear mike,
I am unable to clearly make out what you are trying to portray to myself and the others. If you were to rephrase in such a manner that I would be alittle more clear I woulld be happy to assist in any way possible.

Thank you for your time in this matter,

Yours truly,
Devlin
:cheer: :kiss:
:DOH:

:stirpot:

:kissmyass:

Woh Woh Guys!
I wasn't meaning to offend.
Please let me clarify.

I've seen those crossings when/after heavy rain or during snow melt. Yes the cement slabs and the big dip in the road is intended for stream crossing.
*Me clarifying myself* I should have expressed my amazement here.
But I've seen it when it was not a stream but a dang river and at times looking like a flash flood came by due to all the big rocks and logs spread all over the roadway and they still don't block it off.

To expand on this.
I wonder how safe it is to have comps/GTG during/after heavy rain or snow melt and do they haveflash floods without warning up there.

Lastly. I think there are other places on Tinkham that have good rock.
My first trip up there several years ago I remember climbing a big ole rock slab to get to the top of this hill.
Maybe a couple of us can do a scouting run up there soon.

hotwheels000 said:
Let me rephrase

Dear mike,
I am unable to clearly make out what you are trying to portray to myself and the others. If you were to rephrase in such a manner that I would be alittle more clear I woulld be happy to assist in any way possible.

Thank you for your time in this matter,

Yours truly,
Devlin
:cheer: :kiss:
:DOH:

:stirpot:
:kissmyass:

Now thats funny right there.
I wrote my statement before knowing that you had responded.
Hope all is cool with ya buddy.

Todd. You trouble maker! he he