• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tinkham Rd

nskyline34

Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Ram 1500 on 33's and a buddy with an '84 K20 on 33's too and we're looking to do some light-moderate wheeling and definitely play in the snow. I looked at some videos on YouTube and it looks like Tinkham road is perfect. Only downside is I dont know how to get there. I know you can get there off of exit 47 and 42 and something about 38 (???) but I dont know where to go after that. And more importantly where NOT to go. Can anyone help where we should go and what to bring just in case? I have 4 tire chains (not cables) in my truck and a winch if things get a little too nuts...

Andrew

Tinkum Rd exit is 42. The road crosses the river then basicly parralles I 90 and comes out at the Denny Creek exit # 47. There are a couple of roads that cut off to the right leading to higher elevations. There are no off road areas or very many turnarounds, just the roads. If you fubar its a long walk back to North Bend.. .

Last edited:
Ok thanks a lot that helps. I remember seeing some of the videos on youtube that there were river crossings and some stream beds to drive in and some "trails" that are basically dirt roads with some rocks in them. Like I said, mild stuff. What kinda stuff do I need to be aware of that can create a SNAFU? And also how deep of snow can I expect this time of year?

Ok thanks a lot that helps. I remember seeing some of the videos on youtube that there were river crossings and some stream beds to drive in and some "trails" that are basically dirt roads with some rocks in them. Like I said, mild stuff. What kinda stuff do I need to be aware of that can create a SNAFU? And also how deep of snow can I expect this time of year?

River crossings, and stream beds, SWEET! :coffetime:

One river crossing I saw looked like it had a paved section of road through it or a VERY nice gravel road (like I remember Reiter) and then the stream bed was definitely dried up in the videos I saw....I get it, tread lightly, just trying to point out things that people may have seen that would stick out.

There is wheeling in NB. But you will never find it. Locals only.

The vids you are watching are from 6-8 years ago.....NOTHING in wheeling is the same from 6-8 years ago. You are viewing the past.....enjoy it, but don't try to mimic it.

you aren't going to find much for wheeling out side of a gravel road with snow on it which is also a lot of fun. just go up and see what you find in the way of snowy roads.

There is that snow run up north this weekend maybe see about heading up for it?

There is wheeling in NB. But you will never find it. Locals only.

The locals use hover tires so you can't see where they went. Only after they get 100 yards off the road do they land to keep their spots secret. You have to know the special local hand shake-butt grab to have them reveal their secret wheeling.:rolleyes:

The locals use hover tires so you can't see where they went. Only after they get 100 yards off the road do they land to keep their spots secret. You have to know the special local hand shake-butt grab to have them reveal their secret wheeling.:rolleyes:
You don't know how close to the truth this is.