• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire/bead glues?

Avanteone

So, in line with my snow tire thread, I have a set of 39.5" Irok's on the way. I'm running Trailready beadlocks, but want a little extra insurance against burping or leaking at the inner beads. Read a bunch on Pirate about different products from tire store stuff, to some special order adhesives, to windshield urethane. Does anybody have any actual experience with a product that works?

John

My Willy's use to burp air all the time, I just used some stuff in a red can from NAPA worked like a champ never had an issue after that, it was tractor bead sealant if I remember correctly:awesomework:

Not sure if it is relevant but on 2200HP drag radial cars without beadlocks we use hi-tack gasket glue. Never had a tire slip with them.

:haha: The **** holds a windshield in a rig when it wrecks, why wouldn't it hold a tire on a bead!!??? :awesomework:

Because Iroks have very flimsy sidewalls and running them at very low pressure you are not going to get away from the inner burping when trail wheeling . The issue will occur when the tires are at full turn with the weight of rig causing the tire to fold over usually happening on a downhill descent at 3-5 psi. I have ran the same setup(17" 39.5 Iroks with Trailreadys), and running with a higher pressure(6-8psi) in the twisty woods is the only way to stop the burping tho rig weight plays a huge part on how much to run. Now on snowy situations where terrain is more on the flatter side you can run then down pretty low with no issues. Only true way to stop the issue is with double bead locks, which is what I run now with Iroks. Glue, silicone, etc is a band aid but is not the cure all for the burping for this particular tire. Good luck, been there done that.

I am really setting this up for only one event, which is an open snow wheeling run, not trail wheeling. I'm gonna attempt the windshield urethane method, test 'em in the snow a couple of times, and then run for the event.... then my GY's are going back on. I should have the tires Monday and I'll post some pics.

John

I have several friends that run that wheel and have had the inner bead problems, the only fix was to switch to a steel wheel.