• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire burping with beadlocks

30th6

Im running 33/10.50/15 boggers on diy beadlocks .im having problems with the inner bead burping.I'm running 6lbs in them.i put silicon on the inner bead to try and stop them from burping again.
anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: tire burping with beadlocks

there 8s but more like 10s now with the bead on the outside.
I saw the duct tape on pirate.you tape the safety ring right?

30th6 said:
there 8s but more like 10s now with the bead on the outside.
I saw the duct tape on pirate.you tape the safety ring right?

Yep, a couple wraps of Gorilla Tape around the wheel will "tighten up" the bead area.

With the variance in sizes from different tire manufacturers, the bead burping is pretty common.

Yep on the tape. 2 friends had to do the same. One on MRWs and 42" PBRs, and another with 47" growlers on trail ready wheels. They have both been good since.

so do you center the tape on the saftey ring or does it need to be offset?

Yap tape and or narrower wheels some 6"-7" wide would have been a better width .

But tape it if that don't work narrower wheels .

You can cut your wheels down also . To narrow them .. Known a few that's been done ..

30th6 said:
so do you center the tape on the saftey ring or does it need to be offset?

Ah, you're over thinking it.

Just run the tape all the way to the bead, you'll still have the "bump" from the safety bead, but the bead area will be tighter too.

The problem is the inner bead of the bogger is wide enough to sit on top of the inner bead retention "bump" of the wheel. I had this problem with boggers on single beadlocks. I fixed it by measuring the bead thickness and then welding a piece of 1/8" round rod around the wheel just inside of where the bead sits. On my rims this ended up being just on the outside edge of the bead that was there. I just stitch welded the rod on but then had to go back and silicone the gaps so air wouldn't go by when mounting the tire. This absolutely keeps the tires on. In fact we have to drive the dmax over them now to break the inner bead down.