• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Vulcanizing in the North Sound

I had Phelps tire fix a badly cut Krawler side wall...it was $65 and came out really good. Everyone I have sent in there since has been turned away. I think they did my Krawler because it says "Not for Highway use" right on it...not sure though. I have another cut tire that needs fixed so I hope they'll do it.

Thanks, there is a Phelps in Mt. Vernon so I will try there.

I had a buddy at Les Schwab patch it, but it still goes flat after a few days. And I am worried it will tear and become worse.

The new TR building is 1 block west of the Phelps in Mt. Vernon. I'm hoping that being neighbors will influence their interest in fixing cut sidewalls....well..at least MY cut sidewalls:D

The new TR building is 1 block west of the Phelps in Mt. Vernon. I'm hoping that being neighbors will influence their interest in fixing cut sidewalls....well..at least MY cut sidewalls:D

Pacific tire is also down in that area, haven't tried them yet, but they may do vulcanizing.

You're moving up north abit Jeff??? Be easier to come visit! :redneck:
Pacific I believe does vulcanize...I can ask Steve the next time he's up here.:awesomework:

I checked with Pacific last year and they don't do vulcanizing. They do have someone that they send the work out to but I don't know who that is.

I checked with Pacific last year and they don't do vulcanizing. They do have someone that they send the work out to but I don't know who that is.

From what I understand most shops that "do vulcanizing" actually send the tires out. Seems as though it depends on the person who processes the tire at the outsource as whether they will actually fix the tire or not.... Took one of my crawlers to Phelps in Everett and showed/ explained to them the whole offraod use tire only thing. Guy there was good with it but they send the tire out for repair. They not only didn't fix it but also marked it as "junk" and threw it in the scrap tire pile. Nearly lost one of my crawlers.

Nu Tread in tacoma has fixed 2 tires for me there. quick and good price worth the drive.# 253 572 9063 Mark