• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire VulcanizingI

bigblue79

Looking for some one to vulcanize a 40 TSL. it has a cut in the tread about 2 " long. IN NORTH MS. AND NORTH AL. are around Columbia TN.

holcombs tire in russeville, al vulcanizes and there is also a place in muscle shoals, al that does it but i cant remember the name but c smith should know it

Hines is the place in Muscle Shoals - I have used there services at least 4-5 times.

stoneys in columbia tn did one for me. They do a good job located on Industral park off hwy 43

If the hole isnt too big you will be much happier patching it and throwning a tube in it. I have been through both more than once and I will run tubes every time I pick up a leak from now on. I see no pavement though.

All my fixes were sidewall cuts / holes. Not sure how they would get to the cut in the tread. It really needs to be a flat area where they can get the heating clamp on it to cook.

Thought I'd bump this back up,

If anyone in the upper cumberland area needs tires vulcanized, I-40 Tire in Cookeville (right on exit 288 I-40/hwy 111) will do them.

All I'd ever heard was that no one around here would do it, but I called Johnny down there at I 40 and he says "sure, bring er down and I'll look at it"

Fixed up my 38.5 SX, had about a 2" hole in the sidewall, and a 1" hole right against the bead. He vulcanized a big block of natural rubber through the holes, then buffed down the inside of the tire and put a 6x9" patch inside and rolled it all in with a spikey "stitching" tool. Says that part of the tire is stronger than the rest, and surprisingly, it's still very flexible. thumb.gif

y3a9ebyt.jpg

I gotta ask simply because I never had it done, what does something like that ^ cost to have done?

You folks know of anyone in north Georgia that will vulcanize a tire? I have a SX with a good 4" cut in the sidewall I'd like to get fixed and quit running my spare.