• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TJ rear axle options

We do LOTS of 8.8's into TJ's and other Jeeps. Really is the way to go. I typically stock the complete axles for $250, the Artec kit is like $329, I stock it too. The bracket kit really goes on really quick, so even paying a shop to clean up, prep the axle, weld it on is only a couple hours labor. C-clips aren't an issue, but if you're worried about it, the Yukon Ultimate 8.8 kit is great. I ran it for a couple years on 37's and no issues.

J

If interested I have a 8.8 laying around I'm looking to get rid of. It came out of a 04 explore if I remember right. It's 410 gears with limited slip an disc brakes

How are you looking to dump it for?

We do LOTS of 8.8's into TJ's and other Jeeps. Really is the way to go. I typically stock the complete axles for $250, the Artec kit is like $329, I stock it too. The bracket kit really goes on really quick, so even paying a shop to clean up, prep the axle, weld it on is only a couple hours labor. C-clips aren't an issue, but if you're worried about it, the Yukon Ultimate 8.8 kit is great. I ran it for a couple years on 37's and no issues.

J

About what would I be looking at to buy an axle, bracket kit, and have it welded from you?

If interested I have a 8.8 laying around I'm looking to get rid of. It came out of a 04 explore if I remember right. It's 410 gears with limited slip an disc brakes

'04 Explorer did not have an 8.8 rear----they were independant rear suspension in '04, not to mention the wheel bolt pattern changed as well with the IRS introduction...You sure about the yr being '04????

'04 Explorer did not have an 8.8 rear----they were independant rear suspension in '04, not to mention the wheel bolt pattern changed as well with the IRS introduction...You sure about the yr being '04????

Like I said. Wasn't sure. I'm pretty sure it was 2000 or newer