• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

to SAS or to IFS.. that is the question

It really depends on how you plan on using your truck. If you are just running trails for hunting and camping with some off-roading you will be just fine with an IFS lift imho. Now if you want to get a little more extreme in your wheelin' then I would look into a SAS.

I'm going to agree. If you continue to use it the way that you describe just get a high quality kit and carry the spare parts/tools in your truck box. Build the other stuff that is going to somewhat protect your truck like the bumpers, and rocksliders and winch mount, stuff like that. You may end up with an SAS down the trail, but from the sounds of it for now just wheel it.

I know I should have not wasted time with the IFS lift at all. Mainly because I needed more articulation and something for the rocks and trails. When I did have the ifs lift it was iffy Im sure they got rid of that stupid vacumme lock hub crap that worked sometimes.
Plus bro if you do the sas now you won't really have to worry about it later going " ok well i wanna build this bigger" and waste that time and money later. You can do the sas and not have a crazy set up but enough wheel travel and streetable ride.

ill have to think about this for a bit.... im leaning for buying a car DD and doing the SAS (on the truck)...however long it takes for a noob like me to figure it out

ill have to think about this for a bit.... im leaning for buying a car DD and doing the SAS (on the truck)...however long it takes for a noob like me to figure it out

question is....are u gonna keep adding to it if u do the sas? cause i went form ifs kit to sas to now the doors are leaving and more tube and more things etc..etc.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ lol and are you willing to beat that **** up once in a while? or is this for show? if its for show just keep the ifs lift bro

i buddy of mine straight axled his 98' ranger using a D30. since it was mostly homemade it didnt cost him much.

Based on a few decades of experience.
If you do not have the skills to do this yourself with confidence and can not afford to buy them. Then don't do it and bolt on a "lift Kit".
Rather then buying a DD (car) go buy another Ranger (or?) and then start acquiring the parts to SAS it. That way you can wheel the rig you have. at least that way you still get out there in the couple of years that it takes you to SAS the Ranger. Plus if you watch you can pick up a good body shell for just a few bux, like I did on this board. Basically you start the project able to play and learn to drive, you don't spend as much to start out with. You still have a truck to haul parts with...

Before you do JackShit first sit down and make a plan including the price and the time line.
Start at the ground with the tire and work up. once you have that put a price on every part total it and multiply by two.
Next list every tool you don't have add their price, multiply by two.
If you don't have a shop space to work in... Multiply both those numbers by two and triple the time line.
Lastly when you see the number accept it as real and look into having Crash (or?) do the major lifting as in doing the fabrication to get you to a rolling chassis, and then you build it from there...

Just my aught two.

:beer:

Outback makes some sense here...

Also, take the money your going to make off that condo and roll it into a house or something.

Buy a lock rite or aussie locker for the rear, fix the trans, and call it a wheeler. Use it till you are ready to build it more, and save the money till then.