• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tool Rental

2slow4you

Does Schmuks/Napa rent out Oil pressure testers? I looked on their website and it got me nowhere. I'm checking to see if my after market (autometer) Oil pressure gauge is going nuts (showing me between 80-100psi) or if my rig is about to blow.

Also, on a 22r, is the oil pump relief valve removable without taking off the pump? It could possibly be stuck if my gauge is right and I'd rather not rip apart the front of my engine. It's so clean and I'm afraid It won't be when I get done with it. :redneck:

You can get to the oil pressure regualtor while its still on the motor take the cap off the oil pump then remove the spring its a pain in the butt to remove the piston looking thing. i used the ass end of a 1/4 deep socket it fit snug, with a slight tap tap tap. I was able to figure out what would work since I have a few oil pumps laying around garage. remove that piston thing and clean it up. I had the same problem 80 to 100psi on my gauges. My psi problems went away but I blew my front/rear/oil/valve seals from this little gummed up bugger.

You can get to the oil pressure regualtor while its still on the motor take the cap off the oil pump then remove the spring its a pain in the butt to remove the piston looking thing. i used the ass end of a 1/4 deep socket it fit snug, with a slight tap tap tap. I was able to figure out what would work since I have a few oil pumps laying around garage. remove that piston thing and clean it up. I had the same problem 80 to 100psi on my gauges. My psi problems went away but I blew my front/rear/oil/valve seals from this little gummed up bugger.

OK cool, thats what I'll do tomorrow morning then. Would you think a magnetic pickup tool could pull the piston out?

OK cool, thats what I'll do tomorrow morning then. Would you think a magnetic pickup tool could pull the piston out?

I tried my magnetic pencil tool and a telescopic with a bigger magnet and it woudl not work cause if it was free to move up then it wouldnt be in trouble.

oh yea i squirted PB blaster in it not sure if thats ok for my bearings but i have changed my oil since then

just be careful on forcing something in it I was lucky to have a spare to play with and find what would fit good. I could imagine forcing it into a FUBAR, if your in the spanaway area you can have my spare yucky pump to play with if you want or if you mess up yours I have a replacement.

I tried my magnetic pencil tool and a telescopic with a bigger magnet and it woudl not work cause if it was free to move up then it wouldnt be in trouble.

oh yea i squirted PB blaster in it not sure if thats ok for my bearings but i have changed my oil since then

just be careful on forcing something in it I was lucky to have a spare to play with and find what would fit good. I could imagine forcing it into a FUBAR, if your in the spanaway area you can have my spare yucky pump to play with if you want or if you mess up yours I have a replacement.

lol, thanks for offer I will find out soon If I can avoid fubaring it. :awesomework: