• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TOURQE CONVERTER QUESTION

bigun0604

JUST WONDERING WHAT TOURQE CONVERTER TO RUN IN MY BUGGY. IT HAS A BUILT 6.0, TURBO 400, 203/205 DOUBLER AND 4.56 GEARS WITH 44 tsl's. WHATS A GOOD ALL AROUND STALL? I DO SOME CRAWLING AND I ALSO DO SOME FULL THROTTLE CLIMBS AT TIMES ALSO. WHATS YALLS OPINION?

i have a very similar setup and run a 3000 stall and love it. Most of the guys in our group run a 3000 stall as well

2200 yes to low. 2500 to 2800 would be as low as i would go. when u are in double low the stall will be reduced quite a bit.

3000 for sure, it's nice for a couple reasons. If your brakes are just ok like 99% of rigs out there then it'll be enough to help with braking. Anymore and it'll be noticeable slip and create heat.

Re:

Also depends what cam your runnin on where your power range is

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

mildly built 6.0 lq4, 43" stickies, th350, atlas 3.8, 5.38s in 1 tons.

stall is 2700 and works great.

lights fairly quick in high range and doesn't push the brakes much in low range (brakes could be better though)

mine moves out pretty good. dynajeep (aj) can vouch for that

Same question but... For yota buggy 4cy with doubler and standard 5 speed.. One tones 538's 40 treps..
Switching to auto TH 350 ...what TOURQUE CONVERTER .?..please post inf..

Yotatoy said:
Same question but... For yota buggy 4cy with doubler and standard 5 speed.. One tones 538's 40 treps..
Switching to auto TH 350 ...what TOURQUE CONVERTER .?..please post inf..

What engine?

You putting a th350 behine a 22re?

What tcase?

please post inf...

Waffle said:
So, you plan on buying a 22re to th350 adapter (and) a th350 to toyota 21 spline adapter?

Actually .. I have all the parts ..adapter from AA .. Exept the converter..on of the trans. Came w 2800 converter..

OK SO I FINALLY GOT MY TORQUE CONVERTER INSTALLED. WENT WITH A TCI 2000-2300 STALL AND MY BUGGY CAME ALIVE!! IT SEEMS TO HAVE MUCH MORE POWER AND ITS VERY RESPONSIVE.

bigun0604 said:
OK SO I FINALLY GOT MY TORQUE CONVERTER INSTALLED. WENT WITH A TCI 2000-2300 STALL AND MY BUGGY CAME ALIVE!! IT SEEMS TO HAVE MUCH MORE POWER AND ITS VERY RESPONSIVE.

that's what I put in a bone-ass-stock TBI 350 K5 Blazer and it made it feel like 2x the power. thumb.gif