• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tow rig needs a motor

TBItoy said:
So much mis-information here.... ::)

ridered3 said:
8.1 is the biggest gas powered motor that GM offered in their vehicles. Generally in Suburbans, Avalanches, and Trucks. Pretty cool motors, just a bigger version of your 454.

This isn't misinfo, is it? At 496 CID I believe it is the largest BBC to make it to automotive production?

It is also the LAST production BBC. :'( :'( :'( :'(

patooyee said:
This isn't misinfo, is it? At 496 CID I believe it is the largest BBC to make it to automotive production?

It is also the LAST production BBC. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nope, THIS part is the misinformation:

ridered3: "just a bigger version of your 454"

Re: Re: Re: tow rig needs a motor

ridered3 said:
That's what I get for typing one too many sentences...getting learned though so I don't mind.

Like my grandaddy said, "stick with me boy, I'll learn ya sumthin"

Lol

B3 said:
got a 90 subturden its got a 454 in it now with a broke crank ( long story ) NO IM NOT PUTTING A 12 VALVE IN IT so my choices are another 454 or a 6.0 . still going to keep my 465 &205 combo with a 14bolt and 4:11s with 33s . for what it would cost for a 12 valve , 5 spd trans , t case , drive shafts , exaust , and possibly rear gearing . i will go buy something else thats why ....... figured i would answer that now

I know ya said ya wasn't doin the Cummins thing but i will say you dont have to change tranny/transfer and all that. They have a flywheel housing fir the cummins that bolts that right up. Just my 2 dull pennys man. Ive got a cummins in my chevy and honestly i wont go back lol, it does awesome!

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????