• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rig Tech - a new Video series from Busted Knuckle

gottagofast said:
I built my own reg return and kept the fuel bowl... No difference... Went back...

I was thinking of riff raff's metered return deal... Still I wouldn't bother but at least it should be better than just a crossover line...

Wanna open another can of worms, talk about a CCV delete....

Lots of people are VERY passionate about that one... They think that crank case gasses and oil vapor are somehow bad to burn and better vented to atmosphere...

Hint I'm against that one too lol

I do think the CCV delete is about as worthless as pumping the oil out of the HPOP at each oil change.

Have you put some miles on this thing now? How's it doing? Everything is still Okie Dokie? Can you tell any difference in fuel economy? I WANT ANSWERS :eat: ;)

Moto85 said:
Have you put some miles on this thing now? How's it doing? Everything is still Okie Dokie? Can you tell any difference in fuel economy? I WANT ANSWERS :eat: ;)

While answering questions, how you liking the EBC Pads and Rotors?

Moto85 said:

Everything is great. More power when towing and improved fuel economy. Best mod I have done to this truck to date

ridered3 said:
While answering questions, how you liking the EBC Pads and Rotors?

I just checked them when I replaced another unit bearing (they dont like 35s). The brakes look great, no vibration, quiet operation, and barely look worn at all. Best brakes I have ever put on this truck. :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I just checked them when I replaced another unit bearing (they dont like 35s). The brakes look great, no vibration, quiet operation, and barely look worn at all. Best brakes I have ever put on this truck. :dblthumb:

Thanks for the follow-up. Went with EBC Yellow Stuff Rotors and Pads on the wife's DD Tacoma and been very happy so far. Had forgotten about them until your install video on the 7.3.

Finally got some bumpers for the truck from Iron Cross and some step bars from Rough Country. Love the Bumpers, the hammered gloss black finish isn't my favorite but it will look for now.
The Step bars bolt to the pinch weld? WTF? I need some set bars that bolt to the frame, these move when my skinny butt steps on them. :****:
Swapped the 05-07 Grill onto the truck also

17499252_10154602167863985_4747734716816793511_n.jpg

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Everything is great. More power when towing and improved fuel economy. Best mod I have done to this truck to date

Nice! That's good to hear! Thanks for the follow up. thumb.gif

After 8k Miles I finally did the first Oil Analysis. This was using Rotella T6 Synthetic.
Think it can be pushed further? The high silicon numbers are high most likely due to swapping injectors.

19679075_1702714013363219_4166975806424992705_o.png

When I worked for JAX, I ran their Maxxum 5w40 in my Dmax. Sent samples in every 10K, with a filter change + ~half quart. Ran 60K miles (one year) on one and it was still checking good. Figured once a year oil changes was fine. thumb.gif

TBItoy said:
When I worked for JAX, I ran their Maxxum 5w40 in my Dmax. Sent samples in every 10K, with a filter change + ~half quart. Ran 60K miles (one year) on one and it was still checking good. Figured once a year oil changes was fine. thumb.gif

That is crazy. I was changing it every 5k miles before. Now I am up to 10k miles, anything more than that is just icing on the cake. The HPOP on the 7.3s are very tough on oil though so trying to play it as safe as possible. I might go ahead and change it and do a sample after 10k and see where we are at.