• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow rig tires. Which ones are good?

Beyer said:
Anyone have any info on Bridgestone Duelers?

None here, I think they may be pricey. I think they are made by Firestone which I am not a fan of. If you are looking cheaper I have heard good things on Mastercraft and Hankook AT tires.

KUMHO's those tires dont wear out.

Anything in the Michelin or Firestone lines which catch BFG and Bridgestone are going to be more than say a Cooper, Hankook or Kumho.

I just switched both of my trailers over to Carlisle cause I got a helluva deal on some Carlisle Trailer tires. Past word of mouth experience is they are going to be less than I'm used to but for the price....fugetaboutit.

Matt O. said:
None here, I think they may be pricey. I think they are made by Firestone which I am not a fan of. If you are looking cheaper I have heard good things on Mastercraft and Hankook AT tires.

Bridgestones are cheaper than the BFG's by quite a bit. Kumho's are even cheaper yet.

I like my Bridgestone Revo's. Got 25k miles on Load Range E's on my Suburban and have tons of tread left. I've also been pleased with them on my work truck that sees a lot of offroad mud and those have 40k miles on them with maybe another 20k or so to go. They ride good and are pretty good in the dirt too.

Another vote for the Revo's but I might be a bit biased since I sell them. :dblthumb:
As a general rule, they don't last quite as long as BFG's, but have a hell of a lot better traction on and off road.
They also have a $100 rebate going on this month.

Just put a set of the Revo 2's on my tow rig and love them so far. Quiet, smooth ride yet still have a little grip.

Beyer said:
I am ready for a new set of tires for the F250. Load range D. All terrain. Either 285-75-16 or 295-75-16.
What are good tires for price, traction, and long-wearing? Nitto? Toyo? BFG's?
I currently have Wal-mart Uniroyals and only got 40,000 miles and they sucked the whole time. :puke:

What's your 20? I'll give you the hookup if you want to drive to Auburn.

dragr1 said:
I like my Bridgestone Revo's. Got 25k miles on Load Range E's on my Suburban and have tons of tread left. I've also been pleased with them on my work truck that sees a lot of offroad mud and those have 40k miles on them with maybe another 20k or so to go. They ride good and are pretty good in the dirt too.

I second this. My brother first had some on a 2001 Dodge Cummins that he had and it seemed like they lasted FOREVER, at least 50,000 miles with minimal towing.

Soon after that I bought a used F-250 that had BFG AT's on it. They were half gone when I got it but they were wore out within another 10,000 miles of 50/50 towing / street driving. I replaced them with Michelin A/T's which lasted about 20,000 miles from new to so far gone that they were unsafe. They got replaced with a random set of Firestones which went with the truck when I traded it in at 75,000 miles for an '04 F-250 which came with some BFG AT-type tire, I can't recall what they were called. They were so cupped out by 5,000 miles that I had them warranty-replaced with a set of Michelin AT's, which lasted 11,000 miles and were completely bald when I took them off. They got replaced with Bridgestone Revo's an the first thing I noticed when I pulled off the lot was how much more traction I had. With all my preious tires, pulling off from a start I could loose traction. With these I didn't and I just felt the accelleration in my back. It was awesome. The Bridgestones lasted from about 15,000 miles on the odo to about 75,000 when I sold the truck and still had a good amount of tread left on them. This truck saw vast quantities of heavy towing. Next truck was an '05 D-Max with BFG's on it again. They lasted 10,000 maybe and then the bridgestones went on again. They lasted from 30,000 on the odo to about 67,000 when I sold the truck and were good to go thousands more still.

I'll have those Revo's on every tow rig I have from now on. Great tires! All of the above tires were load range E. I figure that's what they come from the factory with, why downgrade?

J. J.

i had a 06 F-250 . i did alot of interstate travel in the truck. i ran toyo ats for 60k miles. after that i couldnt find toyos in stock locally so i picked up a set of nitto terras. at 30k they were done. i rotated always at or around 5000 miles on both sets.

patooyee said:
I second this. My brother first had some on a 2001 Dodge Cummins that he had and it seemed like they lasted FOREVER, at least 50,000 miles with minimal towing.

Soon after that I bought a used F-250 that had BFG AT's on it. They were half gone when I got it but they were wore out within another 10,000 miles of 50/50 towing / street driving. I replaced them with Michelin A/T's which lasted about 20,000 miles from new to so far gone that they were unsafe. They got replaced with a random set of Firestones which went with the truck when I traded it in at 75,000 miles for an '04 F-250 which came with some BFG AT-type tire, I can't recall what they were called. They were so cupped out by 5,000 miles that I had them warranty-replaced with a set of Michelin AT's, which lasted 11,000 miles and were completely bald when I took them off. They got replaced with Bridgestone Revo's an the first thing I noticed when I pulled off the lot was how much more traction I had. With all my preious tires, pulling off from a start I could loose traction. With these I didn't and I just felt the accelleration in my back. It was awesome. The Bridgestones lasted from about 15,000 miles on the odo to about 75,000 when I sold the truck and still had a good amount of tread left on them. This truck saw vast quantities of heavy towing. Next truck was an '05 D-Max with BFG's on it again. They lasted 10,000 maybe and then the bridgestones went on again. They lasted from 30,000 on the odo to about 67,000 when I sold the truck and were good to go thousands more still.

I'll have those Revo's on every tow rig I have from now on. Great tires! All of the above tires were load range E. I figure that's what they come from the factory with, why downgrade?

J. J.

You have been through alot of trucks and tires. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the input.

Latest posts