• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rig Tires

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
Its Time for new tires to be purchased. I am currently wearing Toya M55 255/85/16E on an 02 CTD 3500 4x4 DRW. I would like to stick with these, however find that they are a bit more bling than I want to shell out this round. I would like to stay in the E range however at this point size is flexable depending on tires.

Recomendations and reviews are appreciate! I have been looking around and am finding a lot of options. I find most of the reviews are for 'thebad'.

Anyone have experience with any of the following?
General - Grabber AT 2
General - Grabber HTS
Pirelli - Scorpion STR A
Pirelli - Scorpion ATR
BFGoodrich - Rugged Trail T/A
Kumho - Road Venture AT KL78

Last edited:
My truck has 285/70/17 load range E Nitto Dura Grapplers. I like them, I thought they had good traction in the snow/ice. They are wearing very well. The rears are starting to show a little more wear than the fronts but that is probably due to my heavy right foot and lack of rotation.

Wow that looks like a good deal, $710 deliverd but would we have to pay tax on that?

I am sure there would be tax on that. Wonder how they rid...:haha: not that that matters too much in my one ton.

a buddy of mine has the duratrac on his duramax. i think for being an aggressive all terrain they are quieter then my bfg a/t. he has no complaints.

also he bought his online through discounttiredirect.com then had them mounted and balanced at discount. buying online saved his about $200 then from buying at the store and that's even with discounts tire warranty. he spent a little over $800 mounted and balanced for the duratracs on the his gmc.

Last edited:
my roomate just bought 35in duratracs and they look awesome. very quiet. he said they seem to ride better than his toyo mts.

Responded to your PM. We've sold lots of Duratrac's, some for tow rigs, and some on mild trail rigs, everybody has been very happy with them.

John

FWIW today I had a set of these tires installed from the local Firestone dealer for $858 in LT285/75R16 126R E . They were about $300 cheaper than Costco who was the next cheapest I found....

FWIW today I had a set of these tires installed from the local Firestone dealer for $858 in LT285/75R16 126R E . They were about $300 cheaper than Costco who was the next cheapest I found....

Let us know what you think with your trailer and camper....
I know I am on borrowed time on my tires at a d rating, but they do so good as dd drivers....:corn: