• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow with a JK?

NotSoPC

Anyone with a four door Wrangler.........How much can be towed behind them? A buddy of mine has an X and just picked up a tin top on 33's and wants to tow it on a dolly behind his jeep. Could this be done safely? The Jeep is his DD and the zook is for beatin:awesomework:

Yah, JK 4Dr is rated for 3500 and a 2Dr is only 2000 i have heard of people pulling up to 5000 with a 4Dr.

The braking is what i would be worried about...Most dollies dont have any brakes....

Yah, JK 4Dr is rated for 3500 and a 2Dr is only 2000 i have heard of people pulling up to 5000 with a 4Dr.

He is lookin at the 4dr so I guess he would be good with that.

The braking is what i would be worried about...Most dollies dont have any brakes....

That is what I was thinking. He plans on doing trips to the east side and out of state so I was thinking that going down a pass would be a little much for it.

that tin top is very light.. I can't imagine it would hurt the JK any.. If he's worried about it, maybe get some slotted rotors and better pads for those long down hill descents..

that tin top is very light.. I can't imagine it would hurt the JK any.. If he's worried about it, maybe get some slotted rotors and better pads for those long down hill descents..

Same thing I told him:awesomework: I was also thinking that cause he wants the 6spd that he could use a lower gear as well to help save the brakes.