• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

towing difference between a f250 7.3 and a f350 7.3?

halemytoy24

i would like see if theres much of a difference between the 2 from experience...if any1 has tryed on or gone both ways ......ya both ways lol..thanks for any info

Difference in what??? Capacity??? How it feels/drives??? There's a lot of variables which are gonna change this answer ....

are we also talking SRW with the same sterling 10.5 with 3.73 in both? or does the F350 have a Dana with 4.10? does the rear have the disk brakes? Are they both 4x4?

Not quite....is the F250 an HD??? My F250HD has the same tow rating as a 350...
Like I said before, there are soooo many variables that can and will change the result...

What front axle do you have? What's the point in Ford making a f350 if the F250 is the same?

Not quite....is the F250 an HD??? My F250HD has the same tow rating as a 350...
Like I said before, there are soooo many variables that can and will change the result...
ya an f250 hd ..4x4 same trannsmission as the f350...yes weird why would they be any different besides a number on the side of the truck seems odd

There is no difference in the rear diffs, both Sterling 10.25's...the rear suspension is the same in F350's/F250HD's...also the HD's came with the bigger D50ttb front, whereas the F350's obviously came with the D60......

Almost the same truck. The only differences are the F350 has overload springs, a rear swaybar, and a 60 frontend. (I'm talking OBS 97 and earlier).

The F350 doesn't have a rear swaybar, overload springs or a 60. It has a Dana 50 ttb frontend.

Yes, I'm also talking about OBS Fords...
My 97 F250HD has Overloads, and a rear sway bar.......A Standard F250 will not, unless they've been added later on, or dealer installed. My overloads were removed in favor of airbags by the previous owner of the truck.

So which are better?? Overloads or airbags??

And as far as the f250hd and the f350... Doesn't the f350 have a slightly higher payload weight capacity rating??

http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/download.php3
F250HD/F350 supercab with 4:10-limited slip carry's a 20K GCWR....while a reg cab is less at 16K GCWR....
According to the manufacturer's specs for tow rating...actually the F350 will have a lower GCWR due to being an overall heavier rig...
I will say it again, there are just waaaaay too many variables which are gonna change the answer the op is looking for...:;

So which are better?? Overloads or airbags??

And as far as the f250hd and the f350... Doesn't the f350 have a slightly higher payload weight capacity rating??

I prefer Bags, as you can adjust the ride height to level the truck...also will increase you're load cap. compared to overloads...
DISCLAIMER; not sayin' you'll be legal, but....:D Look up your vehicle and decide for yourself what you want to do...

What is the OP trying to figure out? The trucks are nearly the same. F250 is good, F250HD is a little better, and F350 is a little better than that. They'll all tow a car hauler with a wheeler on it just fine w/ or w/o bags/overloads/swaybar/60 etc.

I went with an F350 over an F250 for the following reasons:

I wanted a crewcab longbed.
I wanted a 60 upfront for ease of rebuilding/durability.
I put a 3500 pound slide-in camper in the bed, and tow an 8K pound trailer behind it, so I wanted the rear swaybar & overloads as well as 4.10 gears.

If all you want to do is drag a car hauler around, either truck will be fine.

I prefer Bags, as you can adjust the ride height to level the truck...also will increase you're load cap. compared to overloads...
DISCLAIMER; not sayin' you'll be legal, but....:D Look up your vehicle and decide for yourself what you want to do...

Thx.. I was thinking on adding airbags to my 2500hd when I toss a camper in the back...

Just was curious...

Both will have the same towing capacity. The difference is a 350 has a higher load range meaning you can have a bigger camper in the bed....Like Kevin said some 350's will have a lower net towing capacity than some 250's due to the weight of the truck. Towing capacity is based on the drivetrain. Both trucks have the same drivetrain with some rare exceptions.

The Hd's have 4:10's as well (at least mine does)...Yeah, the D60 front makes for a little easier maint.; but also adds to the weight...and although rare, some F250HD's came with the crew/long....:awesomework:

Now, if talking about the Superduties-99 and up, I don't think they offer an HD version of the 250....

Latest posts