• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Towing heavy?

Truck hauled it fine, just kept it in 5th and stayed around 60mph. Having a CDL and not being stickered up with the DOT and weighing in at just over 26k GCVW I really didnt want to get pulled over.

Ill need a clutch soon tho. Stock dual mass fly wheel and stock clutch is :rb:

Truck hauled it fine, just kept it in 5th and stayed around 60mph. Having a CDL and not being stickered up with the DOT and weighing in at just over 26k GCVW I really didnt want to get pulled over.

Ill need a clutch soon tho. Stock dual mass fly wheel and stock clutch is :rb:

Had the same issue with my clutch as well but with 130K on the clock on the factory clutch i couldnt complain too much, went to a dual disk south bend myself, they recommended the dual disk do to the weight:cool:

Had the same issue with my clutch as well but with 130K on the clock on the factory clutch i couldnt complain too much, went to a dual disk south bend myself, they recommended the dual disk do to the weight:cool:

I only have 11000 miles on the truck but with 3.44 ring and pinion and lets say close to 18k lbs of trailer behind me, getting going from a dead stop was cooking the stock clutch. Stock clutch does shift smooth and all that but it is not rated to handle much more than the trucks weight or the factory trucks power. Im going to put the 3250 dual disk in it and then it will be ready for deletes and EFI live tunes! :awesomework:

Only options my Dad had were 3.54 (3.55) or 3.73. Dodge wouldn't offer 4.10's with a manual. But that was 3rd gen AAM

Ok maybe your right, its the 3.55 not 3.44... couldnt remember, but I know its not 3.73 cause they only have those in the DRW with the manual. To get 4.10 or 4.44 with a manual you gotta jump in to a 4500 or 5500.

I only have 11000 miles on the truck but with 3.44 ring and pinion and lets say close to 18k lbs of trailer behind me, getting going from a dead stop was cooking the stock clutch. Stock clutch does shift smooth and all that but it is not rated to handle much more than the trucks weight or the factory trucks power. Im going to put the 3250 dual disk in it and then it will be ready for deletes and EFI live tunes! :awesomework:

I have the same clutch, little noisey but engagment is rad! Worth the noise for sure lol

Only options my Dad had were 3.54 (3.55) or 3.73. Dodge wouldn't offer 4.10's with a manual. But that was 3rd gen AAM

Ok maybe your right, its the 3.55 not 3.44... couldnt remember, but I know its not 3.73 cause they only have those in the DRW with the manual. To get 4.10 or 4.44 with a manual you gotta jump in to a 4500 or 5500.

Hmmm I have a 3rd gen manual with 4.10's 2500 SRW :wtf:

Is it only when they went to the mercedes trans did they get away from 4.10's?

Yes. I was a little annoyed by that when my Dad ordered his, knowing what he would be pulling. But after having the G56 with 3.73's, I can understand why. 4.10's would be way too low for highway driving. Would still be nice to have the option for guys that want to lift their trucks.