• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

towing the wheeler WITH the wheeler

way heavier rig and frame just to start with. Better brakes, better tranny and built to take the load.

I have had an s10 and now have an old 3/4 ton camper special chevy that I tow with. Big difference in the two rigs.

Sell s10 buy tow rig. then you have no space issues.

way heavier rig and frame just to start with. Better brakes, better tranny and built to take the load.

I have had an s10 and now have an old 3/4 ton camper special chevy that I tow with. Big difference in the two rigs.

Sell s10 buy tow rig. then you have no space issues.

*resurection in process*

How is the tranny and engine better than what i have? I have a tbi 350 out of a cop car and a 700r4 that was recently rebuilt, with a fresher np231 (upgrade form the stock np207), ford 9" rear (I will be doing wheel bearings and new brakes soon) my wheelbase is 125" which is close to a standard cab 3/4ton chevy if not longer. It's not like its an under powered pansy by any means, I guess it's mainly the frame and suspension that are not suitable on my rig for towing.:looser: and the fact it's a chevy:redneck:

FYI, the rig in question of towing is a luv body w/ tube, on a shortened/stripped surburban chassis...