• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Towing with a 350?

thanks alot man, now i feel like i need a deuce and a half, my little cummins doesnt seem very burly anymore:eeek:

The 20mpg sounds a bit unrealistic.

Thats what I get So Thats That. The deisels will leave the gassers on the hills but the gasser will take the straights. We are talking stock power plants. My old my has a 454BB that he towed with and put 385,000 miles on and never been opened up. Use your tranny to kick down not the gas pedel and you'll town better and save gas. Why do you think big rigs have 10-18 gears in them.

I towed with a chevy 1/2 ton a few times with a exocaged toy on a trailer. Went down to Moab and back no issues, wasn't to slow and not to bad on fuel either.

I used to tow a 27' Enclosed trailer full of race motorcycles and race gear from Yakima to Portland, Spokane, and Seattle with a 1996 Dodge 1/2 ton with a 318 and an Auto trans. Even pulled a 17' foot car hauler with a couple rigs on it. Just treat it good and don't push it to hard and you'll be fine. definitely put a trans cooler on it.

The deisels will leave the gassers on the hills but the gasser will take the straights. We are talking stock power plants.
Not in any way fact, the diesel will outperform a gasser in every aspect. Mileage, power, torque, hills, straightaways, etc, etc. I have tried to convince myself in the past that a gasser will keep up and it would flat out get beaten in every catagory. I ran 3/4 small blocks, 3/4 Big blocks, and they would get smaller in the rearview mirror. Now if a person wants to rev the living piss out of their gasser you could stay in sight, but you will end up in the shop sooner than later for repairs. While the almighty modern technology diesel will still only need an oil change. Your quote is a phrase that people that dont have try to convince themselves but are dead wrong. Been there done that. For those that dont believe me load up, and you will get smaller in the rearview mirror. Not trying to piss anyone off or say you cannot tow with a 1/2 ton gasser, but just preaching the way it is.:corn:

Last edited:

Latest posts