• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

towing with a 7.3/6.9 IDI

sparepartsdave

any input on towing with a 7.3/6.9 IDI motor. Milage? power?. i already know the cummins is better, but it won't fit in this vehicle with out some major surgery.. The aftermarket turbo definitely seems to be the ticket. Compare to the 7.3 Electronic engines (powerstroke/T444E)?Any input is appreciated.

My first towrig was a '94 F250 4x4 7.3 idi w/factory turbo 4.10's and 5 speed manual and it was a great truck for me, if it had been a crewcab i would still be driving it. you won't win any races with one but it will tow 1 rig just fine. I steadily got 17 mpg when not towing no matter how or where i was driving and 12 mpg pulling my crawler.

A buddy of mine picked up a 95 turbo idi real cheap and we were hoping to use it to possibly pull two rigs. It's the F-Superduty so its a lil heavier than just a ton truck. If we ever came across a cheap 12 valve I would hope it would go in it.

Don't listen to ibrokeit. He had to sell his nice yota and get a gayzr cause that Ford wouldn't pull it! :flipgotcha:

BUG-E J said:
Don't listen to ibrokeit. He had to sell his nice yota and get a gayzr cause that Ford wouldn't pull it! :flipgotcha:

LOL. Ill drag your duramax around any day your ready. My thighs are starting to hurt. (Ya know. As much as you have been swangin on my nuts) molaugh

ibrokeit said:
LOL. Ill drag your duramax around any day your ready. My thighs are starting to hurt. (Ya know. As much as you have been swangin on my nuts) molaugh
As long as I'm taller than you I can just run along behind. :flipoff1: