• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy 3.0 timing belt and tensioner

Robinhood

I got myself into a mess. A guy bailed on a freind of mine midway through swapping out a blown 3.0 in and 89 toy. I got a box of parts and I have been able to figure most of it out but now I am to the point of putting the timing tensioner on and I can't quite figure out where every thing is suppose to go. I know the pulley goes on the right head and it looks like the other bracket for the spring goes on one of the water pump bolts. I was hoping someone may have a pic of the set up as the ones I have fouhnd have been real crappy and something just doesn't look right the way I have it. Thanks

I got myself into a mess. A guy bailed on a freind of mine midway through swapping out a blown 3.0 in and 89 toy. I got a box of parts and I have been able to figure most of it out but now I am to the point of putting the timing tensioner on and I can't quite figure out where every thing is suppose to go. I know the pulley goes on the right head and it looks like the other bracket for the spring goes on one of the water pump bolts. I was hoping someone may have a pic of the set up as the ones I have fouhnd have been real crappy and something just doesn't look right the way I have it. Thanks

Pulley goes just below the pass side head on the block...maybe that's why something doesn't look right???
EDIT: Ok, this was the best I could come up with...
(alldata kicked it off....sorry.)

Last edited:
Ya that about the same pic I found. That is how I have it just dosn't seem correct for the bracket that the spring hooks to off the water pump doesn't have an indexing lock tap. It is only held in place by the one water pump bolt.

hows this?

30timing.jpg

Hey nevada, He needs a shot of where the spring hooks to at the water pump, maybe you could lower your camera below the water neck and shoot a couple pics for him---close though!!!

Hey nevada, He needs a shot of where the spring hooks to at the water pump, maybe you could lower your camera below the water neck and shoot a couple pics for him---close though!!!
i would if it was mine. i found it on google...