• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toy 4.7 shift rails

Dain Bramage

so i thru my t-case on saturday and installed my 4.7 gears. everything went according to plan, except i think i might have installed my shift rails backwards. i have all the range selections, it shifts just fine, except my t-case shifer is back probably 2 or 3 inches from where it used to be. i havent wheeled it yes, so it hasnt been under a whole lot of torque load, so i dont know if its gonna pop out of gear. anyway, my question is will this damage anything? do i need to go back in and switch them around?

so i thru my t-case on saturday and installed my 4.7 gears. everything went according to plan, except i think i might have installed my shift rails backwards. i have all the range selections, it shifts just fine, except my t-case shifer is back probably 2 or 3 inches from where it used to be. i havent wheeled it yes, so it hasnt been under a whole lot of torque load, so i dont know if its gonna pop out of gear. anyway, my question is will this damage anything? do i need to go back in and switch them around?

ah...:eeek:...
let me try and get this straight... you installed dual cases saturday, one having 4.7 gears in it...possible explaining why your shifter is back as you said 2 or 3 inches, i think if it was dual cases your shifter would be back like six inches, or maybe you went from a forward shift t-case to a top shift t-case and maybe your tryin to say that your shifter is hitting your seat or something along those lines:haha:

or...

im fairly sure your shift rails wont go in backwards, sounds like maybe your shifter is backwards?:corn:

No mention of dual cases!?!?:redneck:

You just got the shifter in backwards!:haha:

No biggie, if it bothers you unbolt the four bolts and turn it around that thing around and bolt it back up!:beer:

single case, regeared with 4.7's. the shifter isnt backwards. tayler, take a picture of it so they can see what your talking about.

yeah, but you didnt have any bright ideas on what it could be, either. :flipoff:

haha ya no ****, musta got lucky wit his:fawkdancesmiley:... that being said i to was a noob once and made the same mistake, though i didn't go as far as to post a thread about it, took about 30 second of scratchin my head to figure it out,:haha:.. thanks for the laugh, just so you no im just flippin ya mad ****, seams like most people on here get but hurt over dumb **** like that:masturbanana[1]::beer:

its funny because i was going to say something but decided to keep my mouth shut:mad: for some reason i didnt think it was backwards