• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toy highsteer alignment

kyle1

i did a backyard alignment when i installed my marlin hysteer kit and sky pitman arm on my 79 toy, and i think something's a bit off. pitman arm slightly off center(no match mark on it!), drag link off a little or tie rod alignment or a combination.

it pulls a little to the right, and doesn't steer as sharp as i'd like it to. turning around in a cul de sac almost makes me have to stop and back up. also seems to steer a little sharper one way than the other. i lock the wheel against the factory stop locations either way though.

anybody here know a good shop to take it to, or can somebody help me get it all centered up nice and sweet? i'd like to be able to drive this one on the road more, without the weird steering.

hey kyle

take it up to terrys aliment up on the west side it across form holly wood video

thay know what thay are doing and they mite be the only place around that will mess with it having high steer on it

dan

kyle said:
it pulls a little to the right, and doesn't steer as sharp as i'd like it to. .................. also seems to steer a little sharper one way than the other. QUOTE]

Sounds like to me that it isn't centered. Try setting the tires straight. Then disconnect the tierod from Pitman arm. Work the steering right and left until you KNOW where the center is then attach to tierod. On mine with the stock pitman arm I counted the splines on the Steering shaft right above the Pitman arm. I then marked where the centerline of the shaft was all the way to the left, right and when centered. Hard to explain but worked for me.:rolleyes: