• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ToyBug Build

ToyBug said:
Thanks for the kind words Joe. Now we'll see if the driver can live up to that.

Dude, haven't you been paying attention to all the chat on the bbs's...you don't need to be able to drive when you haver a buggy. You just point and stab the throttle.

Dude, haven't you been paying attention to all the chat on the bbs's...you don't need to be able to drive when you haver a buggy. You just point and stab the throttle.

Who let that cat out of the bag? That was the secret that all buggy owners know. Its how they maintain their elitness. Uh hmmm hmm, I mean thats total bull ****, buggies dont help at all. The only reason they can do what they do and kick ass is pure driving skill.

Last edited:
Very nice guys. Looks like a go anywhere buggy. I think it is ready for the hammers Call me or come over. We have some stainless steel springs to go around your boot. They are better than the o-rings. Nice job.:cheer:

bobby

Is it an optical illusion / maybe not at full turn? or can the rear actually turn tighter than the front?

Looks good mang! :cool:

dr drae said:
Is it an optical illusion / maybe not at full turn? or can the rear actually turn tighter than the front?

Looks good mang! :cool:

Yes. The front is adjusted, the rear is not. They will be about the same when we're done tweeking.

ToyBug said:
I don't understand the concept of "servicing". :haha: :flipoff: :haha:

Yes, it will be a pain in someone's ass not mine .

Fixed it :flipoff: :haha:

That thing looks sweet how long you think its going to take to trash it so you can sell it to me? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Took it out last weekend and the one before, taking off this one. I broke the only part I didn't upgrade......rear output.:mad: Got the Bobby Long upgrade and having it installed next week, then back to Reiter next weekend.

No action pics, too busy working out the bugs learning how to drive this thing. :D Cutting brakes have been remounted and set up for "tank steer".

When you going out next?

ToyBug said:
When you going out next?

Maybe tomorrow but not sure yet! It will be the 3rd trip out. I still need to rework the front 4 link and it will be done. I want to get the tranny R/R in my samurai before I start that.

BTW I already have multiple people that want to buy it! So I will probably wheel it for a while and sell it and start/buy new/used buggy and start all over again.:D

Update

Went and finally weighted this thing today.....2900lbs.

That's with all fluids but without driver and gear. Very happy to be under 3K.

ToyBug said:
Went and finally weighted this thing today.....2900lbs.

That's with all fluids but without driver and gear. Very happy to be under 3K.

Thats impressive considering all the extra junk ya got on it

Oh, and when the chassis with drivetrain, etc. was shipped the shipping weight was 1500lbs. or so. That means I have as much sprung weight as unsprung weight, roughly.

Don't know exactly how that equates to “wheeling prowlnessâ€, but I would think is good to have.

ToyBug said:
I broke the only part I didn't upgrade......rear output.:mad: Got the Bobby Long upgrade and having it installed next week, then back to Reiter next weekend.
rear tcase output? what case/specs?

Update

Finally got around to taking some pics of the recent changes. S&N Fab did all the work.

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture007.jpg