• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota 1987 front diff into 1993??

rooinater

my buddy wanted to make sure that a manual locking front diff and hubs from a 1987 toyota with locking hubs will be able to mount straight up into a 1993 4runner with vaccuum auto locking hubs? any issues with interchangability? basically he broke the front end on the 93 and was offered an 87 front end if it's interchangable.

i know crap about the ifs front diffs. so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, if more info is needed let me know i'll get ahold of him and ask.

Direct bolt in swap. You can just replace the passenger side tube that's bolted to the diff with the non disco section from another if you like but it's not hard to swap the whole shooting match.

Direct bolt in swap. You can just replace the passenger side tube that's bolted to the diff with the non disco section from another if you like but it's not hard to swap the whole shooting match.
Yep, did the same thing Ryan is talking about. Hope you don't have those funny star shaped bolts on one of the difs...I had to get special sockets for the swap.